We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Cascading Input Controls for JasperServer 3.5

swood

Cascading input controls allow you to define a set of linked parameters, like country -> state -> city.

I have made an overlay patch for JasperServer 3.5 with documentation and an example, which is available here http://jasperforge.org/plugins/esp_frs/file.php?id=96&group_id=112&relid=42. This is a pre-release of the functionality that will be in the next full JasperServer release, Please give feedback about how this works for you on this forum, or on the wiki at: http://jasperforge.org/plugins/mwiki/index.php/Jasperserver/Cascading_input_controls

Sherman

Jaspersoft

Post Edited by swood at 08/24/2009 23:03

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello swood!!

I checked the cascading patch its working fine with the given example . I checked this with our sample data it works perfectly......

I used JasperServer 3.5.0 Community Edition.

Thank  for giving  such feature it was much awaited since long.

Thanks & Regards,

Yash

Consulting 101 Systems Pvt. Ltd.

Post Edited by yashdeep at 25/08/2009 11:29 AM

Post Edited by yashdeep at 25/08/2009 12:03 PM

Thank you Swood ,

Adding this Overlay patch with Jasperserver 3.5.0 is cool .

I tried also this patch with jasperserver 3.5 but get lots exception

The log has been attached.

Vishal

Hello Shermann,

i tested this new features and it works perfectly with our community edition instance.

Awesome feature that makes it easy to analye over different states in different countries or over different customers per compnay.

Jaspersoft made a great job.

Thanks Jens

Hello!!

I would like to know how to use "OR" condition in the cascaded input controls, for example i have country --> State--> City  prompts on report.

I want to fill all countries, all states and all cities on report load.

Now

1. If only country is selected then city should reload irrespective to state selection.

2. If only State is selected then city should reload according to state selection.

I tried these conditons in input controls but won't worked. Here is sample  Queries

-- For Country Prompt

select Country from Country_t

-- For State Prompt

Select State from state_t where county='$P{Country_p}'

-- For City Prompt

Select city from city_t where county='$P{Country_p}' OR state='$P{State_p}' etc

None of my input control is Mandatory.

If any workaround is thr then pls let me know.......

Anyways cascaded control is a grate feature............... once again thanks for this..

Thanks & Regards,

Yash

Consulting 101 Systems Pvt Ltd.

Post Edited by yashdeep at 26/08/2009 03:11 PM

Hello Jaspersoft,

I installed jasperserver 3.5.0 community edition .

I upload a sample report and when i click on run report i get the follwoing javascript error in Internet Explorer.

but this is working fine with Mozila Firefox . How do i remove this error in IE.

I got this error in Internet Explorer after implementing Cascading Input Control Patch.

regards

Vishal

Hi,

Ive been trying to add this cascading prompts with the community edition of jasperserver 3.5 and still i am facing the same problem which vishal had faced. I guess i am not using the exact version of jasperserver for which this patch was built for.. attaching the server log file along with this post. Please help me in solving this issue. Please provide the exact link to download the particular jasperserver with which cascading prompts work. 

Also, when can we expect a patch to add cascading prompts to the Professional editon. Can i have any help regarding creating this patch on my own(by editing the patch for community edition) for the professional edition

• 2 weeks later...

I am able to use this patch succesfully.

I would like to select multiple values for first parameter and pass the same values(more than one) to next parameter.

Is it possible using this patch?

I tried using Multiple select query option,whuile configuring input control;but got foll error.

Unknown parameter type java.lang.String for multiple value input

Has anyone implemented this functionality in jasperserver?

Hi @ all,

First of all I have to say that the cascading input controls are really nice to work with. Many thanks for that new feature!

But I've got a problem with my multi query input controls on jasperserver 3.5 with the new patch. All of my reports which use multi select input controls with check boxes gave me an error message: control is null. If I click 'ok' it starts working and my report is shown correctly, but the message pops up again after filling the report. Does anybody knew a workaround for this? By the way: if I use only multi select query (without the checkboxes) it works fine without any message.

Regards

Christina

Cascading Input Controls feature will be available in the next Pro and Community releases at the end of the year. Stay tuned! ;-)

We will also have release candidate for Community edition around November time frame - would be great if you guys can help us test it out and report all the issues with casdacing inputs on that code line. Look out for the forum post!

thx!

marina

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Sherman,

I must some think like (very simple) :

select distinct division from operation where numetab = $P{NUM_ETAB}

in Input control so ,

I had install the cascading-ce-v1 patch on my JasperServer 3.5.0 (Community version)

I follow step by step the install procedure.

Now when I use the "Report Options pop-up control"  sometime  I have Exception : NotSerializeException.

Sometime selectbox is displayed but no data in ...

1/ My question : which exact version of JasperServer this patch is for ?

2/ How can debug for my report run ?

Thanks

Eric

Thanks very much for the work you've done on this.  I've just tested here and I've observed that when using a multi-select query input control whose query is referring to a parameter, that you cannot select from the input control list box and have that selection stick.  As soon as you complete a selection, your selection is cleared as if the data is refreshing.  Using a single-select query input control does not have this issue.

Hi Sherman,

Thanks for answer,

I put here the traceback.

After google search, it 's perhaps a spring web flow version problem ... but I am not sure.

After some time (restart reload, and restart again and again) this error go on ...

Some strange caches ..... ??

So my pop-up Input control come on my screen but the input control with "

select distinct division from operation where numetab = $P{NUM_ETAB}" on is still empty.

is this the refresh problem ?

Where can I get the last version on Cascading Input Control ?

Thanks for your products

Sorry for bad english....

the traceback NotSerializableException exception :

[JPivot] 21 sept. 2009 17:37:04,512 ERROR [session ] org.apache.catalina.session.StandardManager#doLoad: "IOException" lors du chargement des sessions persista
ntes: java.io.WriteAbortedException: writing aborted; java.io.NotSerializableException: com.jaspersoft.jasperserver.api.engine.jasperreports.domain.impl.Report
UnitResult                                                                                                                                                     
java.io.WriteAbortedException: writing aborted; java.io.NotSerializableException: com.jaspersoft.jasperserver.api.engine.jasperreports.domain.impl.ReportUnitRe
sult                                                                                                                                                           
        at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readObject0(ObjectInputStream.java:1309)                                                                                  
        at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readObject(ObjectInputStream.java:348)                                                                                    
        at java.util.HashMap.readObject(HashMap.java:1067)                                                                                                     
        at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor29.invoke(Unknown Source)                                                                                        
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)                                                               
        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)                                                                                                    
        at java.io.ObjectStreamClass.invokeReadObject(ObjectStreamClass.java:946)                                                                              
        at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readSerialData(ObjectInputStream.java:1809)                                                                               
        at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readOrdinaryObject(ObjectInputStream.java:1719)                                                                           
        at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readObject0(ObjectInputStream.java:1305)                                                                                  
        at org.apache.catalina.session.StandardSession.readObject(StandardSession.java:1392)                                                                   
        at org.apache.catalina.session.StandardSession.readObjectData(StandardSession.java:921)                                                                
        at org.apache.catalina.session.StandardManager.doLoad(StandardManager.java:393)                                                                        
        at org.apache.catalina.session.StandardManager.load(StandardManager.java:320)                                                                          
        at org.apache.catalina.session.StandardManager.start(StandardManager.java:636)                                                                         
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.setManager(ContainerBase.java:431)                                                                           
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.start(StandardContext.java:4155)                                                                           
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChildInternal(ContainerBase.java:759)                                                                     
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChild(ContainerBase.java:739)                                                                             
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.addChild(StandardHost.java:524)                                                                               
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployDirectory(HostConfig.java:904)                                                                         
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployDirectories(HostConfig.java:867)                                                                       
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployApps(HostConfig.java:474)                                                                              
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.start(HostConfig.java:1122)                                                                                  
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.lifecycleEvent(HostConfig.java:310)                                                                          
        at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleSupport.fireLifecycleEvent(LifecycleSupport.java:119)                                                             
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1021)                                                                               
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.start(StandardHost.java:718)                                                                                  
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1013)                                                                               
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine.start(StandardEngine.java:442)                                                                              
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.start(StandardService.java:450)                                                                            
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.start(StandardServer.java:709)                                                                              
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start(Catalina.java:551)                                                                                       
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)                                                                                         
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)                                                                       
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)                                                               
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.start(Bootstrap.java:294)                                                                                     
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:432)                                                                                      
Caused by: java.io.NotSerializableException: com.jaspersoft.jasperserver.api.engine.jasperreports.domain.impl.ReportUnitResult                                 
        at java.io.ObjectOutputStream.writeObject0(ObjectOutputStream.java:1081)                                                                               
        at java.io.ObjectOutputStream.writeObject(ObjectOutputStream.java:302)                                                                                 
        at java.util.HashMap.writeObject(HashMap.java:1039)                                                                                                    
        at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor172.invoke(Unknown Source)                                                                                       
        at java.io.ObjectStreamClass.invokeWriteObject(ObjectStreamClass.java:917)                                                                             
        at java.io.ObjectOutputStream.writeSerialData(ObjectOutputStream.java:1339)                                                                            
        at java.io.ObjectOutputStream.writeOrdinaryObject(ObjectOutputStream.java:1290)                                                                        
        at java.io.ObjectOutputStream.writeObject0(ObjectOutputStream.java:1079)                                                                               
        at java.io.ObjectOutputStream.writeObject(ObjectOutputStream.java:302)                                                                                 
        at org.apache.catalina.session.StandardSession.writeObject(StandardSession.java:1468)                                                                  
        at org.apache.catalina.session.StandardSession.writeObjectData(StandardSession.java:938)                                                               
        at org.apache.catalina.session.StandardManager.doUnload(StandardManager.java:516)                                                                      
        at org.apache.catalina.session.StandardManager.unload(StandardManager.java:462)                                                                        
        at org.apache.catalina.session.StandardManager.stop(StandardManager.java:666)                                                                          
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.stop(StandardContext.java:4358)                                                                            
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.removeChild(ContainerBase.java:892)                                                                          
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.undeployApps(HostConfig.java:1164)                                                                           
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.stop(HostConfig.java:1135)                                                                                   
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.lifecycleEvent(HostConfig.java:312)                                                                          
        at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleSupport.fireLifecycleEvent(LifecycleSupport.java:119)                                                             
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.stop(ContainerBase.java:1054)                                                                                
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.stop(ContainerBase.java:1066)                                                                                
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine.stop(StandardEngine.java:447)                                                                               
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.stop(StandardService.java:512)                                                                             
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.stop(StandardServer.java:743)                                                                               
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.stop(Catalina.java:601)                                                                                        
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start(Catalina.java:576)                                                                                       
        ... 6 more                                                                                                                                             
[JPivot] 21 sept. 2009 17:37:04,527 ERROR [session ] org.apache.catalina.session.StandardManager#start: Exception au chargement des sessions depuis le stockage
 persistant (persistent storage)                                                                                                                               
java.io.WriteAbortedException: writing aborted; java.io.NotSerializableException: com.jaspersoft.jasperserver.api.engine.jasperreports.domain.impl.ReportUnitRe
sult                                                                                                                                                           
        at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readObject0(ObjectInputStream.java:1309)                                                                                  
        at java.util.HashMap.readObject(HashMap.java:1067)                                                                                                     
        at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor29.invoke(Unknown Source)                                                                                        
        at java.io.ObjectStreamClass.invokeReadObject(ObjectStreamClass.java:946)                                                                              
        at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readSerialData(ObjectInputStream.java:1809)                                                                               
        at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readOrdinaryObject(ObjectInputStream.java:1719)                                                                           
        at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readObject0(ObjectInputStream.java:1305)                                                                                  
        at org.apache.catalina.session.StandardSession.readObject(StandardSession.java:1392)                                                                   
        at org.apache.catalina.session.StandardSession.readObjectData(StandardSession.java:921)                                                                
        at org.apache.catalina.session.StandardManager.doLoad(StandardManager.java:393)                                                                        
        at org.apache.catalina.session.StandardManager.load(StandardManager.java:320)                                                                          
        at org.apache.catalina.session.StandardManager.start(StandardManager.java:636)                                                                         
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.setManager(ContainerBase.java:431)                                                                           
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.start(StandardContext.java:4155)                                                                           
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChildInternal(ContainerBase.java:759)                                                                     
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChild(ContainerBase.java:739)                                                                             
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.addChild(StandardHost.java:524)                                                                               
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployDirectory(HostConfig.java:904)                                                                         
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployDirectories(HostConfig.java:867)                                                                       
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployApps(HostConfig.java:474)                                                                              
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.start(HostConfig.java:1122)                                                                                  
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.lifecycleEvent(HostConfig.java:310)                                                                          
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1021)                                                                               
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.start(StandardHost.java:718)                                                                                  
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1013)                                                                               
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine.start(StandardEngine.java:442)                                                                              
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.start(StandardService.java:450)                                                   &nbs

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All,

We are try the cascading 1.0 patch on 3 different computers with out any success.

When trying the example, the navigator error message console shows errors like intiAggregate, initCascade,... not defined.

Those functions are defined in cascade.js

The cascade.js file, with other files, has been correctly copied in /webapps/jasperserver/scripts dir.

This file seems correctly "included" in FillParams.jsp and some other jsp.

Any ideas ?

Regards,

William.