bhomass
Go to solution Solved by Raphaël Peguet,

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Create imput control separately from the report in a separate repository folder. After upload the report, edit it and assign input controls.

That said, I think Jaspersoft wants users to directly edit the report in the repository of uploading the report file after each edit. As we all know, this isn't very ideal because JasperReports Server doesn't have any version control.

Sorry, I am understanding your second sentence. what do you want to say. edit the report after publish? upload each time after modifying in studio? could you rephrase to be more clear. 

No matter how you explain this, save control or not, wiping out old work when publishing can not be acceptable, especially with no warning to the user at all.

I guess on studio, 'is for prompting' is checked on parameters which connect to input control. This is one of the annoying things on studio :) If 'is for prompting' is checked on a parameter, studio doesn't check if there is an input control already on server for this parameter and behave like there is no input control for parameter and create a default one. 

To prevent this, before publishing, unchecked the 'is for prompting' on the parameters. It won't wipe out your input controls after this.

When you republish your report , there will be a Screen which will displays all your report parameters ,
In Jasper Studio Pro 6.1.0 you can see True(Tick mark ) beside the parameter you need to make it False
In Jasper Studio Pro 6.1.1 you will get a drop down having options "Overwrite" and "Ignore" you should select Ignore
and click on Next and Finish.

Thanks,

thanks for the comments. I don't think we are talking about the same thing. I am talking about when you save, the dialog pops up and ask 

"Do you want to publish this report to JasperReports Server?" If you select Yes, then all controls are wiped out. I know that you can select No, then publish separately using the publish button, where you get all the options about which to ignore. 

To have the default option be wiping out hours of work seems a horrible application feature to me.

• 1 year later...