ireport Compatibility with Java8

belhouene.tarek

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 months later...
  • 8 months later...

I found this on Stack Overflow. It helped me, I hope it helps all of you!

There's another way if you don't want to have older Java versions installed you can do the following:

1. Download the iReport-5.6.0.zip from http://community.jaspersoft.com/project/ireport-designer/releases

2. Download jre-7u67-windows-x64.tar.gz (the one packed in a tar) fromhttp://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/jre7-downloads-1880261.html

3. Extract the iReport and in the extracted folder that contains the bin and etc folders throw in the jre. For example if you unpack twice the jre-7u67-windows-x64.tar.gz you end up with a folder named jre1.7.0_67. Put that folder in the iReport-5.6.0 directory:

n7kax.png.d1c67854b255d69d5d6412d7240a2c91.png

and then go into the etc folder and edit the file ireport.conf and add the following line into it:

jdkhome=".jre1.7.0_67"

oesdm.png.7aaa34df0c655851bb607f42d60b5eae.png

now if you run the ireport_w.exe from the bin folder in the iReport directory it should load just fine.

• 4 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Hi,

We are not aware of any issue with running JasperReports Library on Java 8. Not sure about iReport, which is an EOL product for many years now.

With JR Lib, at some point we needed to upgrade the JDT compiler to support Java 8, but after doing so, there were no other issues we know about.

Thanks,

Teodor