We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

JasperServer 3.7.0 Release Candidate Available!

mryzhikova

Jaspersoft is pleased to announce the availability of JasperServer 3.7.0 Release Candidate!

We are excited to get community feedback on the RC. In addition we are looking forward to any bugs logged in the tracker.

New Features and Enhancements for your evaluation include the following (see release notes for complete listing/bug fixes):

Reporting
 * Upgrade to JasperReports 3.6.2-RC
 * iReport 3.6.2 RC included in installer
 * OpenOffice ODT and ODF output options
 * Cascading Input Controls for reports - details here: http://jasperforge.org/plugins/mwiki/index.php/Jasperserver/Cascading_input_controls#Detailed_specification
 * JasperReports GZip report virtualizer as an option
 * Support for Microsoft Office 2007 DOCX and XLSX output options

Repository

* Performance and scalability enhancements for large documents and large numbers of resources
 * New Search, Filter, and Browse functionality
 * Search by:
    - text in label or description
    - selected folder, all subfolders, or across all repository
    - reports scheduled by current user
    - recently viewed or changed by the current user
    - as well as additional search options

Analysis (OLAP)
 * Upgrade to Mondrian 3.1.1
 * Enhanced Mondrian schema and cache management, including clustering
 * Parent/child hierarchy display fixes
 * Support for Infobright as a data source

Web Services
 * User, Role, and Permissions Administration
 * Support for Cascading input controls

Go to the download area of the project or click the link below

http://sourceforge.net/projects/jasperserver/files/JasperServer/

For those doing an upgrade from JasperServer 3.5, a slight change needs to be made to the v3.5 repository in order to work with the release candidate. See the attached MySQL script.

Thank you, Jaspersoft Team! ;-)

Post Edited by mryzhikova at 11/17/2009 23:10

Post Edited by swood at 11/17/2009 23:27

Post Edited by swood at 11/25/2009 02:27

Post Edited by swood at 11/25/2009 02:27

Post Edited by swood at 12/02/2009 09:24

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
I tried installing 3.7 on a Fedora 10 64 bit Linux with existing MySQL and Tomcat 6. I had to install the glibc 32-bit to get around one error, then almost completed the installation, when the installer said could not put the mysql-connector jar into the tomcat common/lib. It is well known that Tomcat 6 no longer has a common/lib. I don't want to go back to Tomcat 5. Could this be fixed or worked around, somehow?

Regarding the installation issue on 64bit Fedora: I'm kind of surprised because the installer supports installing to both tomcat 5 and tomcat 6. If the common/lib does not exist then the driver should get put into lib instead. So, there is some other failure happening inside the installer.

Do you mind writing a bug on this issue. User bugs get higher visibility ;-)

I'll look at trying to get this fixed for the GA release.

I think the simplest thing to do to upgrade under postgresql is to modify the mysql upgrade script that is attached to this forum thread.

The syntax between mysql and postgresql is pretty similar and the 3.5 -> 3.7 db changes are not very large. Let me know if you need any help. Also, it can get posted to this forum once it's done! ;-)

Hi,

I like the cascade controls of this new version. What about new features in the Professional edition?. Pentaho has added a new rich component for OLAP (called Pentaho Analyzer http://julianhyde.blogspot.com/2009/10/pentaho-analyzer.html ) with drag and drop capabilities and with interaction improvements. What is the answer of Jasper to this issue?

Thanks in advance and regards,

Fernando

• 3 weeks later...

I downloaded the bin distribution, try to make it to work with sql server, I switched the driver to jtds 1.2. When I try to run "js-ant import-mininal-ce" I got the following exception. Anybody can give me some idea how to make the jasperserver to work with sql server work with the 3.7.0?

Error creating bean with name 'quartzScheduler' defined in class path resource [applicationContext-report-scheduling-for-export.xml]: Invocation of init method failed; nested exception is org.quartz.SchedulerConfigException: Failure occured during job recovery. [see nested exception: org.quartz.impl.jdbcjobstore.LockException: Failure obtaining db row lock: Line 1: FOR UPDATE clause allowed only for DECLARE CURSOR.

Code:
[java] 15:43:28,879 ERROR BaseExportImportCommand:45 - org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'importerPrototype' defined in class path resource [applicationContext-export-import.xml]: Cannot resolve reference to bean 'exportImportModuleRegister' while setting bean property 'moduleRegister'; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'exportImportModuleRegister' defined in class path resource [applicationContext-export-import.xml]: Cannot resolve reference to bean 'reportJobsExporter' while setting bean property 'exporterModules' with key [3]; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'reportJobsExporter' defined in class path resource [applicationContext-export-import.xml]: Cannot resolve reference to bean 'reportJobsConfiguration' while setting bean property 'configuration'; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'reportJobsConfiguration' defined in class path resource [applicationContext-export-import.xml]: Cannot resolve reference to bean 'reportSchedulingService' while setting bean property 'reportScheduler'; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'reportSchedulingService': FactoryBean threw exception on object creation; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'reportSchedulingFacade' defined in class path resource [applicationContext-report-scheduling-for-export.xml]: Cannot resolve reference to bean 'reportScheduler' while setting bean property 'scheduler'; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'reportScheduler' defined in class path resource [applicationContext-report-scheduling-for-export.xml]: Cannot resolve reference to bean 'reportQuartzScheduler' while setting bean property 'target'; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'reportQuartzScheduler' defined in class path resource [applicationContext-report-scheduling-for-export.xml]: Cannot resolve reference to bean 'quartzScheduler' while setting bean property 'scheduler'; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'quartzScheduler' defined in class path resource [applicationContext-report-scheduling-for-export.xml]: Invocation of init method failed; nested exception is org.quartz.SchedulerConfigException: Failure occured during job recovery. [see nested exception: org.quartz.impl.jdbcjobstore.LockException: Failure obtaining db row lock: Line 1: FOR UPDATE clause allowed only for DECLARE CURSOR. [see nested exception: java.sql.SQLException: Line 1: FOR UPDATE clause allowed only for DECLARE CURSOR.]]     [java] org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'importerPrototype' defined in class path resource [applicationContext-export-import.xml]: Cannot resolve reference to bean 'exportImportModuleRegister' while setting bean property 'moduleRegister'; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'exportImportModuleRegister' defined in class path resource [applicationContext-export-import.xml]: Cannot resolve reference to bean 'reportJobsExporter' while setting bean property 'exporterModules' with key [3]; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'reportJobsExporter' defined in class path resource [applicationContext-export-import.xml]: Cannot resolve reference to bean 'reportJobsConfiguration' while setting bean property 'configuration'; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'reportJobsConfiguration' defined in class path resource [applicationContext-export-import.xml]: Cannot resolve reference to bean 'reportSchedulingService' while setting bean property 'reportScheduler'; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'reportSchedulingService': FactoryBean threw exception on object creation; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'reportSchedulingFacade' defined in class path resource [applicationContext-report-scheduling-for-export.xml]: Cannot resolve reference to bean 'reportScheduler' while setting bean property 'scheduler'; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'reportScheduler' defined in class path resource [applicationContext-report-scheduling-for-export.xml]: Cannot resolve reference to bean 'reportQuartzScheduler' while setting bean property 'target'; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'reportQuartzScheduler' defined in class path resource [applicationContext-report-scheduling-for-export.xml]: Cannot resolve reference to bean 'quartzScheduler' while setting bean property 'scheduler'; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'quartzScheduler' defined in class path resource [applicationContext-report-scheduling-for-export.xml]: Invocation of init method failed; nested exception is org.quartz.SchedulerConfigException: Failure occured during job recovery. [see nested exception: org.quartz.impl.jdbcjobstore.LockException: Failure obtaining db row lock: Line 1: FOR UPDATE clause allowed only for DECLARE CURSOR. [see nested exception: java.sql.SQLException: Line 1: FOR UPDATE clause allowed only for DECLARE CURSOR.]]     [java] 	at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.BeanDefinitionValueResolver.resolveReference(BeanDefinitionValueResolver.java:275)

We have fixed this issue by change the following config and it works with sql server quite well. Below is the new config for "quartzScheduler":

<property name="quartzProperties">

<value>

org.quartz.jobStore.driverDelegateClass = ${quartz.delegateClass}

org.quartz.jobStore.tablePrefix = ${quartz.tablePrefix}

org.quartz.jobStore.selectWithLockSQL=SELECT * FROM {0}LOCKS UPDLOCK WHERE LOCK_NAME = ?

</value>

</property>

• 2 weeks later...

heya, i wanted to address an issue regarding  ' upgrading ' to 3.7rc

i know, its an RC,  but i want to test the new functionalities badly, also, i want to be prepared for when the full version comes out - so thats why i want this.

first; i have jasperserver pro, 3.5.1. I want to migrate my users,roles,etc to 3.7 - even if it does not support domains etc.

i would like the installer to notice that i already have tomcat/mysql (ill point them towards it) and upgrade (or copy) the tables etc.

What i've done to make things work:

open 3.5.1 jasperserver mysql database (im using mysql maestro), export the database as script (only table and index definitions)

Import it in to the new 3.7 server (this way, the missing 'pro' tables are copied so the import export later on wont fail)

run the export, and run the import and this should work.

BUT, í've got an issue; the importer is putting the Reports through the XML-parser - which fails on a single report due to a 'splitType not allowed' parse error... this is because i used to make reports using iReport 3.6.1 which were bugged at times.
therefore my question is: is it necesary to run all the reports through the XML parser? I cant find the broken report and the parser doesnt say which one it is :@ i dont want to run through hundreds of reports!

furthermore; the 3.7 release seems just like what jasperserver needed! good work

• 5 months later...

Where I find the new version of jasperserver-common-ws-3.5.0.jar to suport docx and xlsx export.
i'm current using

args2.add(new com.jaspersoft.jasperserver.api.metadata.xml.domain.impl.Argument(com.jaspersoft.jasperserver.api.metadata.xml.domain.impl.Argument.RUN_OUTPUT_FORMAT, _format));

Where _format can be:

com.jaspersoft.jasperserver.api.metadata.xml.domain.impl.Argument.RUN_OUTPUT_FORMAT_PDF
com.jaspersoft.jasperserver.api.metadata.xml.domain.impl.Argument.RUN_OUTPUT_FORMAT_HTML
com.jaspersoft.jasperserver.api.metadata.xml.domain.impl.Argument.RUN_OUTPUT_FORMAT_XML
com.jaspersoft.jasperserver.api.metadata.xml.domain.impl.Argument.RUN_OUTPUT_FORMAT_XLS
com.jaspersoft.jasperserver.api.metadata.xml.domain.impl.Argument.RUN_OUTPUT_FORMAT_RTF
com.jaspersoft.jasperserver.api.metadata.xml.domain.impl.Argument.RUN_OUTPUT_FORMAT_CSV

The new formats wold be:

com.jaspersoft.jasperserver.api.metadata.xml.domain.impl.Argument.RUN_OUTPUT_FORMAT_DOCX
com.jaspersoft.jasperserver.api.metadata.xml.domain.impl.Argument.RUN_OUTPUT_FORMAT_XLSX

Thanks