We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Embed JasperServer in another app

brooneyx1

Looking to see how others did when trying to embed JasperReports in another app. Was it actually do-able ? Did it meet your requirements ? Would you recommend I go down this path ? I have a company client facing web app that needs a reporting tab and I currently do reporting with Jasper  Enterise 4.5 - Any insight is apreciated and I will share what I find.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you taken a look at the Getting Started section of the jaspersoft.com website?  http://www.jaspersoft.com/getting-started

Here you will find Evaluation Central, which includes a tab on integrating and embedding which should point you in the right direction based on the most common mechanisms that folks are using to integrate JasperReports Server with their applications/environments.  We have many customers that have been successful in integrating JasperReports Server within their applications.

I hope this helps.

Thanks!

Matt

It is definitely doable. Jasper Report Server APIs are very powerful and allow you to do almost anything from browsing the repository, managing users and roled to running and viewing reports. 

Check the Web Services documentation: http://jasperforge.org/espdocs/docsbrowse.php?id=86&type=docs&group_id=112&fid=352

Also there are a couple of examples in of your Jasper Report Server instalation folder (under samples) there is one in PHP using SOAP and anotherone in java.

Mariano