JasperReports Library 7.0 is now available ×

Deploy jasperserver in JBoss

patelnikita

Hello everyone,

I used the 'JasperServer War File Install Guide' as reference to deploy jasperserver1.2.1 in JBoss. I have successfully got the server up and running and the JDBC connections made. But I was not able to import the sample data.

Moreover I created the following resources using the Web UI:

1. Mondrian connection

2. JDBC Data Source and

3. An Analysis View

But when I click on the Analysis View, I get the following exception:

Exception Information

Exception Class: class javax.servlet.jsp.JspException

Message: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: bean "${requestScope" not found

I would truly appreciate any pointers or suggestions on which config files I should check or any other changes that I may need to make.

Thanks a lot,

Nikita

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello Sherman,

I am not sure how exactly I need to run the ji-import-util.bat? Should I just double click on it? What will be the result of running that script? Where would the sample data files/folders be created? Moreover, in a JBoss deployment, where should I place these sample data files/folders? in Jboss/default/deploy/jasperserver.war?

I used the Analysis workbench to create an OLAP schema file. So I believe it is valid. I am using MySQL database. On the Jasperserver I created a Mondrian connection and uploaded my validated schema file.

Thanks,

Nikita

Hi Nikita, regarding loading the sample data using the import utility...

The importer is a stand alone java utility. It is run from the linux or windows command line. When the sample data gets loaded into the JasperServer repository it goes into a pre-determined set of directory locations (such as /reports/samples, etc...).

Once in a windows shell, you need to move to the <your-install-dir>/scripts directory. From here you can directly execute the ji-import.bat command. However, you must check your jdbc settings so that they match your database correctly. These are found in the <your-install-dir>/scripts/ji-export-util/jdbc.properties file.

Then you would run "ji-import.bat --input-dir ji-catalog"

If you look inside the ji-catalog directory you can see how the XML files are organized for loading into JasperServer.

Hi,

i'm reporting the same problem but with Tomcat6.

When i try to view the analysis for the sample "Foodmart_sample_unit_1" or "SugarCRM_sample_unit_1" i get this Exception:

###

Exception InformationException Class: class javax.servlet.jsp.JspException

Message: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: bean "${requestScope" not found

###

I use a pre-installed Tomcat server and a pre-installed MySQL database, the installation is under Centos4 using the binary installer.

Cheers,

• 2 weeks later...

Hi!

You need to have a look into the server log file (server/default/log/server.log on JBoss, no idea on Tomcat) to find out what the "real" error is ...

Probably, the connection to MySQL failed - in which way, the log should tell you.

Hope this helps,

Sebastian

• 2 weeks later...

Hi!

Are you sure there is no other mysql-related error msg in the log, just before the "${requestScope" entry?

Possible, the real error msg ist not logged on the log4j ERROR level, but INFO or DEBUG only ...

Yours,

Sebastian

• 4 weeks later...