We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Are Bugfixes backported to older Studio releases?

s.r.mueller
Go to solution Solved by Massimo Rabbi,

Hi, currently we have to use Studio 5.5.1 because our app is released with an old version of the library and using a newer Studio somehow leads to lost formatting. Now the question is, are you actually backporting bugfixes or other patches to older Studio releases?

Another Question would be why the formatting is lost. If you want me to, I will open another thread.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Solution

Hi currently there is no fix backporting to older versions of Jaspersoft Studio.
It would be too expensive in terms of maintenance.

If you are a paying customer, therefore using Jaspersoft Studio Pro, you can try to contact support.
In some cases we created hotfix for blocking bugs in older versions. But it is a multi-steps process that needs to be validated before proceeding with the request.

You could try using newer version of JSS and rely on the backcompatibility settings available in the preferences.

Regards,
Massimo.

Using the newer version of Jaspersoft Studio would require newer version of JasperReports Server. Unfortunately, JasperReports Server is not 100% compatible between versions and the quality of every version is not there. As such, it's really would be great to have backporting because I usually end up doing it myself.

Using the newer version of Jaspersoft Studio would require newer version of JasperReports Server. Unfortunately, JasperReports Server is not 100% compatible between versions and the quality of every version is not there. As such, it's really would be great to have backporting because I usually end up doing it myself.

Hozawa is right. Unfortunately there is the "communication problem" between JSS and JRS. Moreover JRS CE is not always released everytime JR and JSS are released. This leads to possible problems like it happened recently with model changes introduced in the last JR version.

But again, there is not for now and I suppose there will not be for a long time a backporting plan for old bugs. Sorry about that.
Anyhow any community contribution is more than welcome. We could create branches and just in case use the public available space on Sourceforge possibly patched versions.

Regards,
Massimo.