Changes to the Jaspersoft community edition download ×

Line Graphs rendering in Jasper 6 but not Jasper 6.0.1

efrain_santiago

I have a Report that will render correctly in Jasper Server 6.0 but not in Jasper Server 6.0.1. This report was created in Jaspersoft Studio 6.0, however, I have tried re-building it in Jaspersoft studio 6.0.1 but the problem still occurs.

The report is a line graph, this graph is meant to represent a timeline of all requests created by a certain support group. The Category level is the date, configured so that it groups all requests by Month-Year. This is the function I use in that Category level DATEFORMAT($F{Ticket_Information.Create_Date},"MMM-YYYY"). This function is a Java function, it is not custom.

The Series section is working correctly.

The Measures section is a count of all requests by month.

Again, this report renders correctly in Jasper Reports 6.0 but NOT in Jasper 6.0.1, the Dateformat function is ignored and the graph only represents a grand total split by the Series.

I have added 2 screenshots to show you what I mean.

Screenshot 1, Correct Report(in Jasper 6.0)

JasperReportOK(1).jpg.df8d1199468f957f97dc2f330c33e432.jpg

Screenshot 2, Incorrect(Jasper 6.0.1)

JasperReportNotOK.jpg.ca5b466502662303539769486dcccea7.jpg

This happens in any browser and mobile client.

I checked the versions of Java in both servers and it is the same.

Has anyone encountered an issue with Jasper 6.0.1 not recognizing certain detault Java functions?

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Turns out I fixed my own problem. I didnt read my own documentation when I was setting up our production environment and I forgot to replace the applicationContext-el.xml file. Which takes care of our Date conversion functions. Once I replaced this file, the charts started working correctly. Thank you all for your help!