Changes to the Jaspersoft community edition download ×

Is it possible to create interactive tables with rest v2 in community edition?

zsoelod

Hi

According to the rest v2 docs: "In a commercial editions of the server where HighCharts are used in the
report, this property determines whether the JavaScript necessary for
interaction is generated when exporting to HTML "

So interactive HighCharts are not available in te community edition of rest v2. How about tables, can those be interactive in rest v2? (the interactive atribut of the /reportExecutions service is left to true)

(by interactive table here I refer to sorting/filtering/formatting columns possibility) 

I tried this out witht the /reports service but I did not get interactive table  . Is it possible in the more complex reportExecutions service?

Thanks.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the commercial edition the embedding of interactive tables and charts is not done trough REST is done using Visualize.js which is a Javascript Framework that enables you to embed reports and dashboard with the same interactivity you get with the Jasperserver UI.

I do not think that with  REST you will be able to get table interactivity, may be with a LOT of work on your application's end and some clever Ajax and REST calls and  you need to create your UI, with all that; I'm not even sure that all the enpoints you will need are there. 
Since REST is stateless is more tailored for Async report execution or full report Executions for the exporterrs (PDF, XLS, etc)

You will have more luck and less headaches if you use iFrames for bringing the JRS UI into your app, with Themes you can cleanup the UI and only leave the report viewer in the iFrame. Check this samples is on PHP and I have not touched it in a while but you will get the gist https://github.com/marianol/JasperServer-for-PHP

thanks for your reply,I will check the sample you sent. Still why the interactive parameter in the REST calls if interactivity is not possible? At least I can imagine the javascript functions that are downloaded as response to be able to add this interactivity without sending requests in addition to the jasper server(so still stateless).

• 4 weeks later...
Hi, we'we tried to use D3.com but we did not found details related table customizations . We've tried to use jquery directly with custom visualization component and velocity template but with no success. Do these work through REST v2 as well? Do you have a table-sort like example or similar?