Changes to the Jaspersoft community edition download ×

Easiest way to maintain Adhoc Views

hozawa

Any body who've created Adhoc Views and tried to maintain them probably know about this.

If I change something in a domain (e.g. change the language bundle), I have to delete all the adhoc views that uses it and then have to rebuild them over again. This is a total waste of time!

Considering this major limitation, It seems that it is a lot much faster to use Jaspersoft Studio to develiop reports and not even bother to use adhoc views. I was wondering if anybody else found a way to more easily maintain adhoc views because finding all adhoc views that uses a datasource and recreating them all over again is not very efficient.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

There is an older v4.2 article about domains and the reports that refer to them at Identify-all-adhoc-report-units-related-domain.

This sort of query needs updating for v5.6, but its a start.  Since v5.6.0, when you try and change a domain relation that is in use in a report, the domain designer won't let you save the domain and presents a list of the reports that use it. This is a new feature, and should improve in future releases.

> the domain designer won't let you save the domain and presents a list of the reports that use it.

This a specification flaw. Users usually want to know which reports are using the domain BEFORE modifying the domain (i.e. before opening up a Domain Designer). It's very frustrating to know AFTER making a modification in a domain to only to find out that I have to cancel and lose all my work.

That said, I've already created domains and adhoc views for my customers to view dependencies. Nevertheless, I still need to be able to update my locale bundles without having to delete and recreate all my adhoc reports.