(Solved) Published report is blank on jasper server

Hi All

I have report I designed in Jaspersoft studio. When I run the report in the Jaspersoft studio it works (as in it shows something).

I then publish it to my local jasperserver via the Studio. Go to the jasper server, login and run the report it is blank or rather I get the message "The report is empty".

If I run the published report on the jasper server using the Jaspersoft studio it works. I have cut down every thing from my report so it is not using any database or data connector. 

The report takes 3 parameters and puts them on the report and displays a logo. Any ideas on what to check?

peter.w's picture

Hi,

Did you set any data source for your report? Right-click on report from Repository/Edit and go to Data Source

dnaboka - 5 years 1 month ago

Can you attach the JRXML of the report, or better a JasperServer repository export (you can do this by logging in to the Jasper Server as Superuser and right click on the repor unit and select EXPORT)

marianol - 5 years 1 month ago

2 Answers:

Yes it is the datasource. In Jaspersoft studio you have the option for "One empty record" as your data adapter. This allows you to "Test" your report with out a database that provides a record, but you cannot "test" this on the server

I am assuming you have to have a data source for with one record.   Is this correct? 

So I cannot just test a report on the jasperserver without having a valid and active datasource. Is this correct?

peter.w's picture

You are correct. The report has to be attached to a datasoource. If you need to do a test just attach it to any datasource and use something like "SELECT 1 as dummy" in your report query

marianol - 5 years 1 month ago

SELECT 1 as dummy ...... ok I get it smiley

and that sorts it for me .

thanks

peter.w's picture
Feedback
randomness