I have installed Jasper server with bundled tomcat and pgsql by default values. When I start service and try to login by localhost, I get the error "Server not found". Can someone please guide how to start and work on it?
Hi, Please could you check the port number, by default it installs on port 8080, but if you have something running on this port already it may have installed on another port. You could check the installation.log search for "START: wait for port", this should display the port number it was installed on. Also check the properties.ini file.
Also test the URL it should be something like "http://localhost:8080/jasperserver-pro/login.html", any mistakes in this and it will give an error ..
Thanks for checking the port, also it maybe worth checking that localhost is pointing to your machine. 'localhost' should be an entry in your hosts file that points to 127.0.0.1.
To make sure you do not have this discrepancy please could you test this URL .. http://127.0.0.1:8080/jasperserver-pro/login.html
Are you running on Windows? Are you sure your JasperReport Server is actually running?
Try opening just the Tomcat top page. If this doesn't open, your JasperReport Server is not running.
Here are some things to check if you are running Windows.
1. Make sure Postgres is also running.
2. Postgres installs on port 5432. Make sure your virus protection and/or Windows firewall have not blocked that port.
3. I know this may be silly but are you sure you installed the Pro version? try http://127.0.0.1:8080/jasperserver - (without the login.htm). This should redirect you to the login page.
OK, your Tomcat is running but the jasperserver application likely did not launch correctly.
1. Check <tomcat-install-dir>/logs/catalina.out and look for any errors on startup.
2. Enable the Manager app or PSI Probe (my preference, see http://community.jaspersoft.com/wiki/psi-probe-replacement-tomcat-manager) and check to see if the jasperserver app is running.
Let us know what you find.