We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

JasperServer 5.6.0 doesn't show report result - Locale French

horseman

Hi ,

I have installed the community edition of JasperSever (JS_VERSION=5.6.0) on several machines (Windows XP 32 bits, Windows 2003 64 bits, Windows 2008 64 bits) with samples and got the same behaviour.

The installation went well, no login problem but when i click on any of the sample reports the result page stays empty. The new toolbar with zoom and search is displayed but that's it.

converted-file.png.8e2ecf49c58c9dcba3d67b32ac14e3d2.png

I have tried with IE, Firefox and Chrome and got the same behaviour.

I scheduled an immediate execution, it ran perfectly and generated my pdf  as expected.

I suspect a theme problem but i use the defalut one. I haven't even loaded another one.

Any idea is welcome.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi hozawa,

Thank you for your answer.

I had checked the log but its remains empty.I log in as jasperadmin and got the same behaviour.

Finally i built an ubuntu vm server and installed the linux build of jasperserver 5.6. It is by default localized en_US but i didn't noticed it at the first time, so i run one report form the sample base and it displayed perfectly. So i came back to my Windows installation and change from fr to en but unfortunately still the same behaviour.

I then turned my ubuntu localisation to fr and got the same behaviour as Windows ---> Bingo it's a localilisation trouble BUT ...When i came back to Windows and tried all the languages in the proposed list none of them displayed a report.

Franckly i don't understand what's going on with my Windows installation (which, i didn't mentionned it before, is french native).

It's definitively a language problem. I kept on testing with my 5.6.0 installed on ubuntu and Firefox browser on a Windows client.

Results are shown with every local from the proposed list except French. Firefox console shows the JS error "SyntaxError: JSON.parse: bad escaped character at line 8 column 71 of the JSON data" on this instruction :

define(["require","jquery","jrs.configs"],function(e){function r(e,r,o){var n=new a.Deferred;return a.ajax(e.url+(e.urlParams?"?"+e.urlParams:""),{type:"POST",dataType:r,data:e.params,beforeSend:function(e){"undefined"!=typeof ajax&&ajax.csrfRequestHeaders&&ajax.csrfRequestHeaders.each(function®{e.setRequestHeader(r.key,r.value)})},success:function(e,r,a){t(a,o)?(Report&&Report.hideAjaxDialog&&Report.hideAjaxDialog(),n.reject(a,r)):n.resolve(e,r,a)},error:function(e,r){var s=t(e,o);if(!s&&e.status>=400){var i="<p>HTML response error code: "+e.status+", "+r+"</p>";if(e.responseText.indexOf('id="errorPageContent"')>=0)i+=a(e.responseText).find("#errorPageContent .body").html();else if(e.responseText.indexOf('{"result":{"msg":"')>=0){var p=jQuery.parseJSON(e.responseText);p.result.devmsg.indexOf("<#_#>")?(i="",a.each(p.result.devmsg.split("<#_#>"),function(){i+="<p>"+this+"</p>"})):i="<p>"+p.result.devmsg+"</p>"}else i+="<p>HTML response was: "+e.responseText+"</p>";showErrorPopup(i,{reportUri:o,type:"responseError"})}Report&&Report.hideAjaxDialog&&Report.hideAjaxDialog(),n.reject(e,r)}}),n.promise()}function t(e,r){return e.getResponseHeader("LoginRequested")?(showErrorPopup("Login requested.",{reportUri:r,type:"sessionError"}),viewer&&viewer.setLocation&&viewer.setLocation("."),!0):e.getResponseHeader("reportError")?(showErrorPopup(e.responseText,{reportUri:r,type:"reportError"}),!0):e.getResponseHeader("JasperServerError")?(e.getResponseHeader("reportPageNonExisting")&&showErrorPopup("Page does not exist",{reportUri:r,type:"reportPageNonExistingError"}),e.getResponseHeader("SuppressError")||(1==a(".dashboardViewFrame").length?(document.body.innerHTML=e.responseText,a("#"+JRS.fid,window.parent.document).removeClass("hidden").show()):(showErrorPopup(e.responseText,{reportUri:r,type:"JasperserverError"}),o(e.responseText)&&setTimeout(function(){var e=jQuery("#standardAlert"),r=jQuery(".dimmer"),t=e.find("button");r.removeClass("hidden").css("z-index",parseInt(e.css("z-index"),10)-1),t.on("click",function(){buttonManager.disable(jQuery("#redo")[0]),viewer.stateStack.states.pop(),n=!0,viewer.reportInstance.undo(),viewer.reportInstance.components&&viewer.reportInstance.components.chart&&viewer.reportInstance.components.chart[0]&&(jQuery("[data-hcname]").removeClass("selected"),jQuery("[data-hcname='"+viewer.reportInstance.components.chart[0].config.charttype+"']").addClass("selected")),r.addClass("hidden"),t.off("click")})},0))),!0):!1}function o(e){for(var r=!1,t=0;t<Report.chartTypeChangeErrorMessages.length;t++)if(e.indexOf(Report.chartTypeChangeErrorMessages[t])>-1){r=!0;break}return r}var n,a=e("jquery"),s=e("jrs.configs"),i=s.contextPath,p={reportcontexturl:null,reportoutputurl:i+"/flow.html",reportactionurl:i+"/runReportAction.html",reportcomponentsurl:i+"/getReportComponents.html",reportpagestatusurl:i+"/viewReportPageUpdateCheck.html",cancelExecutionUrl:i+"/viewReportCancel.html",cancelAsyncExecutionUrl:i+"/viewReportAsyncCancel.html"},u=function(e){this.config={reporturi:null,async:!0},a.extend(this.config,e),this.jasperPrintName=null,this.contextid=null};return u.prototype={getHtmlForPage:function(e,t,o){if(n){n=!1,Report&&Report.hideAjaxDialog&&Report.hideAjaxDialog();var s=new a.Deferred;return s.reject(),s}var i={_flowExecutionKey:Report.reportExecutionKey(this.config.reporturi),_flowId:"viewReportFlow",_eventId:t?"navigate":"refreshReport",pageIndex:e,decorate:"no",confirm:"true",decorator:"empty",ajax:"true"};return Report&&Report.requestedInputParameters&&(o=Report.requestedInputParameters),r({url:p.reportoutputurl,urlParams:a.param(i),params:o},"html",this.config.reporturi)},cancelExecution:function(e){return r({url:e?p.cancelAsyncExecutionUrl+"?jasperPrintName="+this.jasperPrintName:p.cancelExecutionUrl+"?_flowExecutionKey="+Report.reportExecutionKey(this.config.reporturi)},"json")},getStatusForPage:function(e,t){return r({url:p.reportpagestatusurl,params:{jasperPrintName:this.jasperPrintName,pageIndex:e,pageTimestamp:t}},"json")},getComponentsForPage:function(e){return r({url:p.reportcomponentsurl,params:{jasperPrintName:this.jasperPrintName||Report.jasperPrintName,pageIndex:e}},"json")},runAction:function(e){var t=this,o=null!=e.showAjaxDialog?e.showAjaxDialog:!0;o&&Report&&Report.showAjaxDialog&&Report.showAjaxDialog();try{return r({url:p.reportactionurl,params:{jr_ctxid:t.contextid,jr_action:JSON.stringify(e.action)}},"json",t.config.reporturi)}catch(n){alert(n)}},save:function(e){var t=e.folder&&e.name?"saveReportAs":"saveReport",o={_flowExecutionKey:Report.reportExecutionKey(this.config.reporturi),_eventId:t};"saveReportAs"==t&&(o.folder=e.folder,o.name=e.name,o.description=e.description||"",o.overwrite=!!e.overwrite);try{return r({url:p.reportoutputurl,params:o},"json",this.config.reporturi)}catch(n){alert(n)}},exit:function(){var e={_flowExecutionKey:Report.reportExecutionKey(),_eventId:"end"};return r({url:p.reportoutputurl,urlParams:a.param(e)},"html")},setPageUpdateStatus:function(e){this.lastPageUpdateStatus=e.result,this.config.eventManager.triggerEvent("pageUpdateAvailable")}},u.UrlManager=p,u});

I have tried one more time on a Windows2088R2 64bits server. I Uninstalled my previous 5.6.0 installation cleaned everything and reinstalled from scratch.

I changed my local to english before the first log in and it worked perfectly just like my ubuntu vm.

I suspect a bug in the French localisazion and expect the next release for a fix

• 2 weeks later...

You'll need to edit the WEB-INF/bundles/jasperserver_messages_fr.properties file

replace

button.zoomOptions.option.fitWidth=Largueur d'ajustage
button.zoomOptions.option.fitHeight=Hauteur d'ajustage
button.zoomOptions.option.fitPage=Page d'essai

with

button.zoomOptions.option.fitWidth=Largueur du2019ajustage
button.zoomOptions.option.fitHeight=Hauteur du2019ajustage
button.zoomOptions.option.fitPage=Page du2019essai

Hi walesr,

Thank you very much for this answer it definitively solves my problem http://community.jaspersoft.com/sites/all/libraries/ckeditor/plugins/smiley/images/regular_smile.gif. My 5.0.6 server works fine in French on all my servers (W2008,XP,Ubuntu)http://community.jaspersoft.com/sites/all/libraries/ckeditor/plugins/smiley/images/thumbs_up.gif
I scanned the entire file and found much more quotes (the one used in text field not the one used to embed variables) than the one you mentionned. I then replaced all of them with the character code u2019.

I attach to this answer my new french properties file in case it can save time to someone else.

• 4 months later...