Changes to the Jaspersoft community edition download ×

IReport Designer problems running with JDK 8

ldl720

Install the new version of JDK 8 and stopped working iReport Designer. I was running the iReport-5.0.0 version and install the latest version of iReport-5.5.0 but the problem persists. When I try to run from the command window ireport_w.exe tells me the following "The current path is: C: Java jdk1.8.0The current path is: C: Java jdk1.8.0Java HotSpot 64-Bit Server VM warning: ignoring option MaxPermSize = 512m; support was removed in 8.0. "

What should I do to run iReport Designer with JDK 8?

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for responding. By way of comment, in case anyone has the same problem, I solve it by modifying the parameter JDKHOME = "C: Java jdk1.7.0_45" in ireport.conf file. Thus iReport starts with JDK 7 and my software works with JDK 8.

• 7 months later...
  • 5 months later...

I found this on Stack Overflow, and it was the solution I was looking for. I hope it helps all of you!

There's another way if you don't want to have older Java versions installed you can do the following:

1) Download the iReport-5.6.0.zip from http://community.jaspersoft.com/project/ireport-designer/releases

2) Download jre-7u67-windows-x64.tar.gz (the one packed in a tar) fromhttp://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/jre7-downloads-1880261.html

3) Extract the iReport and in the extracted folder that contains the bin and etc folders throw in the jre. For example if you unpack twice the jre-7u67-windows-x64.tar.gz you end up with a folder named jre1.7.0_67. Put that folder in the iReport-5.6.0 directory:

n7kax_0.png.df52bfdb13bd4e052b096b330d87ac3b.png

and then go into the etc folder and edit the file ireport.conf and add the following line into it:

jdkhome=".jre1.7.0_67"

oesdm_1.png.16ee1d64640a902ebd51f70808ae84c0.png

now if you run the ireport_w.exe from the bin folder in the iReport directory it should load just fine.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...