We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Jasperserver 3.5 release is available!

mryzhikova

Jaspersoft is pleased to announce the availability of our JasperServer 3.5 Release.

New features include the following:

* Upgrade Mondrian to 3.0
   - Dimension sharing within a cube
   - Support for dozens of new scalar functions in MDX

* New JasperAnalysis UI
   - Improved look and feel as well as an improved tool bar
     within analysis views.

* Encrypt JDBC password
   - Export/Import now supports encryption of JDBC passwords.

* Encrypt User password
   - User password encryption is now turned on by default.

* Configurable Scheduler Intervals
   - The admin can decide which recurrence options are
     displayed to users by editing the recurrenceIntervalUnits
     bean in the WEB-INF/flows/reportJobBeans.xml.

* Support for Gantt Charts in JasperReports (and bundled
   iReport)
   - JasperReports, the Java reporting library at the heart
     of JasperServer now supports Gantt charts.

* Revamped user and role pages
   - Includes support for large numbers of users, including
     search.

* XML-based Chart Themes
   - iReport includes the ability to create and edit chart themes
     in a visual editor (rather than requiring programming
     skills as was previously the case).

* Font Extensions
   - JasperReports leverages its existing extension support to
     allow the use of TTF files in report templates without
     installing them into the system; the same logical font
     name can be resolved into different TTF files depending
     on the locale, covering multiple languages.

* Multiple Scriplets per Report and Report Governors
   - JasperReports now allows multiple scriplet instances per
     report template. Some such scriptlets can be declared
     globally to act as report governors, preventing invalid
     report layouts from causing infinite loops when the report
     is filled. JasperServer also provides default governor
     implementations that limit report execution based on a
     maximum number of pages and/or timeout.

Download here: http://jasperforge.org/projects/jasperserver/downloads

The Jaspersoft Team

Post Edited by swood at 05/10/2009 22:22

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trying to install the jasperserver-3.5 on a linux box.

I'm getting the following error trying to get the database populated.

Where is the EasyXML class located?

Buildfile: build.xml

[echo] overrideDatabaseInstallTargets = ${overrideDatabaseInstallTargets}

import-minimal-pro:

[echo] catalog arg = --input-zip=/home/jasperserver-3.5.0-bin/buildomatic/install_resources/export/js-catalog-minimal.zip

[echo] currentConf = /home/jasperserver-3.5.0-bin/buildomatic/build_conf/default

[echo] importExportConfig = /home/jasperserver-3.5.0-bin/buildomatic/conf_source/import_export_config

[echo] importExportXml = applicationContext-export-import-pro.xml,applicationContext-export-import.xml,applicationContext-for-export-pro.xml,applicationContext-for-export.xml,applicationContext-report-options.xml,applicationContext-report-scheduling-for-export.xml,applicationContext-security.xml,applicationContext-multi-tenancy.xml

[java] 20:43:28,867 ERROR BaseExportImportCommand:45 - org.springframework.beans.factory.CannotLoadBeanClassException: Cannot find class [com.jaspersoft.commons.xml.EasyXML] for bean with name 'easyXML' defined in class path resource [applicationContext-export-import-pro.xml]; nested exception is java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.jaspersoft.commons.xml.EasyXML

[java] org.springframework.beans.factory.CannotLoadBeanClassException: Cannot find class [com.jaspersoft.commons.xml.EasyXML] for bean with name 'easyXML' defined in class path resource [applicationContext-export-import-pro.xml]; nested exception is java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.jaspersoft.commons.xml.EasyXML

[java] Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.jaspersoft.commons.xml.EasyXML

[java] at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:200)

[java] at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)

[java] at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:188)

[java] at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:307)

[java] at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:301)

[java] at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:252)

[java] at org.springframework.util.ClassUtils.forName(ClassUtils.java:183)

[java] at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanDefinition.resolveBeanClass(AbstractBeanDefinition.java:317)

[java] at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.resolveBeanClass(AbstractBeanFactory.java:1044)

[java] at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.isBeanClassMatch(AbstractBeanFactory.java:1072)

[java] at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultListableBeanFactory.getBeanNamesForType(DefaultListableBeanFactory.java:165)

[java] at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.getBeanNamesForType(AbstractApplicationContext.java:691)

[java] at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.invokeBeanFactoryPostProcessors(AbstractApplicationContext.java:395)

[java] at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.refresh(AbstractApplicationContext.java:328)

[java] at com.jaspersoft.jasperserver.export.BaseExportImportCommand.createSpringContext(BaseExportImportCommand.java:116)

[java] at com.jaspersoft.jasperserver.export.BaseExportImportCommand.process(BaseExportImportCommand.java:76)

[java] at com.jaspersoft.jasperserver.export.ImportCommand.main(ImportCommand.java:43)

[java] Java Result: 255

• 3 weeks later...

The 3.5 Install Guide states that a minimum of 10 GB of free disk is needed for an installation.  For upgrading an existing 3.1 installation, is this in addition to the disk space already used for the 3.1 installation?  Or since I have 10 GB available for the 3.1 installation, will the 3.5 install be reusing that disk space?

Thanks,

Paul

Hi I do not know if this is specific to the download i made or if I did not do the configuration setup correctly. I had to edit the app.srv.properties, the asadminPath had one backslash (c:\glassfish-v2.1/bin not c:/glassfish-v2.1/bin or c:\\glassfish-v2.1\\bin). I could not therefore, build the file successfully before troubleshooting the error by manual editing of the app.srv.properties file.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Thanks for answering my question. I have uninstalled jasperser and deleted the mysql directory. I am going to give the installation another try since the guide said it will prompt me for jasperserver and mysql login/pass information. It didn't happen the first time i did a fresh install.

Can you please tell me why I wasn't prompted for the login/password information for jasperserver and mysql during the initial windows installation? I also attached the errors messages i received during installation for you to see. Is this a possible bug in the installation.

rg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I installed JasperServer 3.5.0 in a windows Vista environment.. and it runs fine right after installation. However , If I try to run it subsequently ( say after a boot up), it starts tomcat window etc, then pulls up a browser window but just sits there in a busy cursor mode, not ever starting the server. I tried the start, stop , restart options to no avail. Yet, if I uninstall and reinstall again it will start at the end of install ( if the checkbox is checked to start server...

Any ideas on why? any help would be appreciated

thanks in advance

Stu

for Vista issue try the following:

One of the issues with security needs to be noted:

Windows Vista handles security in a new manner; Users are no longer "administrators" by default, as was the case in Windows XP. Even administrator users are operating as regular users as long as no administrator tasks (changing the registry, ...) are being executed. When an action requires administrator privileges, the user will be notified and has to give explicit approval to execute this action (so do administrator users). Depending on the location of files/directories, users will also need explicit permissions to write in that location. For example C:\Program Files is no longer writable by everybody, instead users should install everything in their own home directory (Unix wise). When a user wants to write or modify a file of which he is not the owner, explicit approval will be needed.

If customer install is located in C:\Program Files, In this case Tomcat will be failing because it Vista requires permissions to write/modify a file in apache-tomcat/conf but is not being granted permission, because the user was not queried whether to permit this.

This can be solved in 2 ways:

1) Change the directory permissions on apache-tomcat/conf so the "users" group has write permissions.

2) Install Jasperserver in the user's home directory

Thx!

marina

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

I installed JasperServer and had to no end of problems with the installation.

I chose to use my existing installations of MySQL (version 6) Tomcat (version 6) and iReport (version 3.6.0).

The installation failed without any notification. It wasn't until I took a look at the installation log that I noticed it had failed miserably; the database scripts completely failed.

I had to manually carry out each of the steps outlined in the batch files called by the installer and made sure they ran successfully. In doing so I found that the scripts were not compatible at all with MySQL 6.

It would be very helpful if the installer could detect what version of MySQL is supported and issue warning whenever there are compatibility issues, or indeed fail the installation if any of those scripts fail to execute. Or the installation guide should clearly state what versions of MySQL, Tomcat and iReport are supported.

BTW I could not open (in Jasper Server) some of the JRXML files I had creared using iReport 3.6.0

What do you think?

• 1 month later...

I'm interested about:

* Multiple Scriplets per Report and Report Governors
- JasperReports now allows multiple scriplet instances per
report template. Some such scriptlets can be declared
globally to act as report governors, preventing invalid
report layouts from causing infinite loops when the report
is filled. JasperServer also provides default governor
implementations that limit report execution based on a
maximum number of pages and/or timeout.

Where are "maximum number of pages and/or timeout" properties?

The properties for both governors can be set globally, in the jasperreports.properties file, or at report level, as custom report properties. You can set:

net.sf.jasperreports.governor.max.pages.enabled=[true|false]

net.sf.jasperreports.governor.max.pages=[integer]

and

net.sf.jasperreports.governor.timeout.enabled=[true|false]

net.sf.jasperreports.governor.timeout=[milliseconds]

Sherman

Jaspersoft

• 10 months later...