We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

connecting ireports on desktop to jasperserver repository on server

mpanning

Hello,
I have installed Jasperserver Community on a linux server and am having troubles trying to connect to the jasperserver repository from iReports on my windows desktop.  
I have tried what most say it should be ...  https://server.com/jasperserver/services/repository  but get 404 message.  this path did work on a previous install, but not this new installation

when I log into Jasperserver on the web server, I can see the repository there, but not from iReports on my desktop computer.  I think I have read every post on this site about it and from what I can tell it is because I do not have the correct path to the repository.  

I did This installation using bundled tomcat and postgree sql and default ports etc.

Is there a config file some place where I installed it on the server that I can find what the path should be?  Or, is there a step during installation that I missed to set this?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you,
Mark

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Mark,

What version of JasperReports Server are you using? It is usually recommended to use the same version of JasperReports Server and Jaspersoft Studio. If your server works, this may be a sign of an issue with Studio or with your network. Here is the documentation to connect using Studio to your server:

https://community.jaspersoft.com/documentation/tibco-jaspersoft-studio-user-guide/v640/accessing-jasperreports-server-jaspersoft

A 404 is usually an indication of a network side erorr. Especially if the server works just fine. Do you have any network firewall or load balancer that could be blocking this connection?

Thanks,

Paul

If you're still using iReport, you'll need the same version of JasperReports Server. The last iReports version before the project was terminated was 5.6 so you'll need JasperReports Server 5.6 or before.

Features between versions of JasperReports are not fully compatible especially there was a major change in version 6.

Strongly recommend to switch over to Jaspersoft Studio instead of using iReport.

Thank you Paul for the reply. 

I am afraid I am using an old version of iReports which could be part of the problem.  I get attached to tools that I can use to get at data easily with and I don't  want to give them up, but now is probably the time to update.

I am using Community version of Jasperserver 7.1 .  I was approaching the problem like the remote connection was blocked somewhere.  With Postgresql DB does one need to allow remote connections and update the pg_hba.conf and postgresql.conf files to be able to connnect to the repository from iReport type tools, or does the jasperserver deal with the connection?

Thank you,

Mark

Thank you Hozawa for the reply.

It may be that I am using too old of version of iReports, version 5.5.  I will download the Jaspersoft Studio and see if I can get connected with it and get my reports uploaded to the repository. and see if I need to open remote connections in the Postgresql DB setup on the server.

Thank you,

Mark

Thank you Hozawa and Paul,

I downloaded Jasperserver studio 6.6 and was able to create a connection to the jasperserver repository from my desktop using Jasperserver Studio 7.1.  I will port the reports I wrote in iReport to Jasperserver studio and load them to the repository and should be good to go.

Don't know how to give you borh credit for helping me solve my issue, but thank you both!

Thank you,

Mark