We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Jasper Server 5.2 and Jasper Studio 7.1.0 compatability

mark_65

Hi All,

This may have been asked before, but I cannot access a Jasper Server 5.2 via Jasper Studio 7.1.0, I get a 401 Unauthorized message, but the log seems to relate more to clashing java classes (SerialUID) which typically is a compatability issue. This is using a trial version of Studio 7.1

I have no issue in accessing the server via iReport 5.2 but when trying with Studio 7.1.0 it does not work. I have tried the SOAP only defining the organization or not and other quick fixes.

So I thnk the 401 is a redherring given iReport 5.2 works and the SerialUID mismatch.

If I try via  local defined user e.g. superuser or an externaluser (which both work with iReport) I get the 401 and stack trace below. The server is tied to an oracle server and weblogic.

WARNING: Authentication event AuthenticationFailureBadCredentialsEvent: superuser; details: com.jaspersoft.jasperserver.multipleTenancy.MTWebServicesAuthenticationDetails@28cef9e0; exception: Bad credentialsINFO: WSM-02314 Communication with the central repository is restored.WARNING: WSM-02312 Failed to store resource usage information to underlying error "java.rmi.UnmarshalException: error unmarshalling arguments; nested exception is:        java.io.InvalidClassException: javax.xml.namespace.QName; local class incompatible: stream classdesc serialVersionUID = 4418622981026545151, local class serialVersionUID = -9120448754896609940". The operation will be retried.WARNING: Authentication event AuthenticationFailureBadCredentialsEvent: superuser; details: com.jaspersoft.jasperserver.multipleTenancy.MTWebServicesAuthenticationDetails@62844331; exception: Bad credentialsWARNING: Authentication event AuthenticationFailureBadCredentialsEvent: superuser; details: com.jaspersoft.jasperserver.multipleTenancy.MTWebAuthenticationDetails@fffe9938: RemoteIpAddress: x.x.x.x; SessionId: iZ4i_ey2EfAqA0kS2xed5icVzc7fU6huxXVOhYkTrid-fxRvQlWz!1748239354!1533890391222; exception: Bad credentials<Aug 10, 2018 8:39:51 AM UTC> <Error> <com.x.analytics.web.filter.auth.CustomAuthenticationProcessingFilter> <BEA-000000> <Exception while performing jasper authenticationjava.lang.NullPointerException        at com.x.analytics.web.filter.auth.CustomAuthenticationProcessingFilter.doFilter(CustomAuthenticationProcessingFilter.java:127)        at org.springframework.security.util.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:411)        at org.springframework.security.ui.AbstractProcessingFilter.doFilterHttp(AbstractProcessingFilter.java:278)        at org.springframework.security.ui.SpringSecurityFilter.doFilter(SpringSecurityFilter.java:53)        at org.springframework.web.filter.DelegatingFilterProxy.invokeDelegate(DelegatingFilterProxy.java:346)        Truncated. see log file for complete stacktrace[/code]

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated relating to if using Studio 7.1 is possible with Server 5.2 or not.

Regards,

Mark

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello Mark,

Have you tried using the JasperReports Library Version under the "Advanced Settings" tab in your JasperReports Server Access Configuration? We always recommend using the same version of Studio with the same version as the server to avoid issues such as you are seeing. 

The error you are also seeing seems to be related to external authenitcation. Are you using any external authetication?

Thanks,

Paul

Hi Paul,

As I say , I get the same if I use an external or internal account.

Sorry I meant to say that I have tried setting the library version to same as server and 5.2.0 which is what is installed.

It just doesn't seem to work with Studio. Ireport 5.2 works fine.

Thanks

Mark