We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Which datasource is recommended to use for better performance

agr.vik87

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a tricky question to answer here the way the question is posted, all will depend on the type and amount of data you have and the complexity of the reports you are doing.
If you can explain a bit more the use case I'm pretty sure more people will be able to help.

My quick answer here will be, use the one where is your data resides today. 

Avoid Java Bean. Jxml and Json aren't too great either.

I'm using database and csv when I need performance. If the data has some structure, csv would be better. If you are going to use a database, be sure to design tables for data warehouse instead of transactional.

When using a csv with many rows, it's going to take time to read rows so it's better to divide into several times and to process them in parallel.

Hi @marianol,

Thanks for your reply. We are extracting data from tables in our logic, so we though to use one of the two datasources : JRBeanCollectionDataSource or JRXmlDataSource. So which one will be better in this case?

As far as amount of data is concerned, it can be small and large both, becase we are going to generate reports in our batches, so it will depend upon data batch will process. If I consider maximun case it could be upto 1 million rows batch could process.