We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

How do I save a change ?

paulteobscure

My goal: Open an existing Japer Report from our Report Repository ,make a change  to the jrxml file,and save the change back to the same location where I opened it from.

Does anybody  know how to do this ?

This is what I've been trying and has happened:

I download a file from our respository, make changes ,tried the different save options

(file save,save as,publish to server both from the project menu and  button)and then none of the save options actually work.

It doesn't save the jrxml file back to the repository and it does not save the file to my local workspace .

The change asterisk remains .

I close the file and it asks it I want to save the file. I say yes. 

I reopen the file and the change is not there.I'm using version Jasper Studio 6.4final .

I've also tried 'save as' .

This  is the most frustrating reporting software I have  used in 20 years of using differnet reporting products .

thank you,

Paul

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for your input. 

I don't have that option when I right click on the jrxml file. 

Teh only option I heve are 'save' and 'revert file file' or 'replace with local history' .

Clicking 'save' doesn't do anything .It does not even change the 'changed status' asterisk.

I am using 6.4.0 and no issues from my side. 
The save issues is quite odd. 
Did you try installing a new instance of Jasper studio 6.4, seems that you might have some custom library issues or corruption issues. 
Also do you have write permission in given workspace your reports are saved ? 
Might also be a security issues, not sure how your envirn is setup, but you should not be getting saving issues. 

Also how do you edit the report ? Through the Design tab or through the source tab ? Sometimes when using the source tab, the report save, but does not save updated values added in xml view. 
TRy the designer and see if same issues. 

If still issues, maybe manual export the file through the jasperserver gui export function or using js-export cmd line. 
Unzip and get the the ,data file. Copy the xml, open new report in jasperstudio. (call it anything and open blank report), then select source tab, copy the xml over and try to ctrl + S and see of it saves. Then try to edit. 

Also I noticed Tiru M gave another option that should work and you should note have limitations in file editor to update and save report. So if you do, then it seems that your have user permission issues on your envirn.