We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Jasper report showing text vertically instead of horizontal format.

Hi there,

I am having few issues with some of my jasper reports. Here the reports are printing the text vertically in the report instead of printing them horizontally. Not sure exactly what is causing the text to print it in such a way. And this particular issue is not happening any of the non prod environment so it is very hard for me to troubleshoot. One key thing to highlight is this issue is occurring when the report is converted into a PDF. Once the PDF is generated we can see the text which is printed vertically. 

vertical printing.PNG

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Bhargav, 

can you please tell us more about your environment like version of Jaspersoft, OS of Studio and Server.

In addition please upload an example .jrxml file (not copy and paste of code), so I can try to reproduce on my side? 

THX TT

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for responding on this one. So, We have recently moved from jasper version 6.3 to jasper 7.9.1.1. From this point the issue started occurring on our jasper servers. Our jasper servers are running on CentOS 7.

One thing to highlight - we didn't face this issue when we were on jasper 6.3. Post upgrade to 7.9.1.1 only we started getting these errors on our reports. I can't attach the jrxml file here since it is customer configured report.

Thanks,

Bhargav.