We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Error 404 After 6.4.3 to 7.1.0 Upgrade

tgstriplin

I followed the procedure listed in the Jaspersoft Server 7.1.0 Upgrade Guide. After completing the upgrade using the js-upgrade-samedb.bat script, I get "BUILD SUCCESSFUL," but when I start the service and load the page, I am getting error 404L The requested resource is not available. I was able to get into the tomcat web application manager and found that the JasperServer application was not running. I tried to start the application, but it no change. 

Please advise

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is a portion of the log file. 

2018-11-12 14:29:25,894 ERROR EhCacheImpl,localhost-startStop-1:556 -  -- JasperServer:  EhCacheImpl shutdown called.  This normal shutdown operation. 
2018-11-12 14:29:25,910 ERROR EhCacheImpl,localhost-startStop-1:559 -  -- JasperServer:  EhCacheImpl calling cleanerTimer.cancel().  This normal shutdown operation. 
2018-11-12 14:29:25,941 ERROR ContextLoader,localhost-startStop-1:331 - Context initialization failed
org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'customJDBCReportDataSourceServiceFactory' defined in ServletContext resource [/WEB-INF/applicationContext.xml]: Cannot resolve reference to bean 'virtualDataSourceHandler' while setting bean property 'virtualDataSourceHandler'; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'virtualDataSourceHandler' defined in ServletContext resource [/WEB-INF/applicationContext-virtual-data-source.xml]: Cannot resolve reference to bean 'teiidVirtualQueryService' while setting bean property 'virtualDataSourceQueryService'; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'teiidVirtualQueryService' defined in ServletContext resource [/WEB-INF/applicationContext-virtual-data-source-query-service.xml]: Invocation of init method failed; nested exception is java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: org/infinispan/manager/EmbeddedCacheManager : Unsupported major.minor version 52.0 (unable to load class org.infinispan.manager.EmbeddedCacheManager)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.BeanDefinitionValueResolver.resolveReference(BeanDefinitionValueResolver.java:334)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.BeanDefinitionValueResolver.resolveValueIfNecessary(BeanDefinitionValueResolver.java:108)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.applyPropertyValues(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:1419)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.populateBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:1160)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.doCreateBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:517)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.createBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:456)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory$1.getObject(AbstractBeanFactory.java:293)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultSingletonBeanRegistry.getSingleton(DefaultSingletonBeanRegistry.java:223)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.doGetBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:290)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.getBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:191)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultListableBeanFactory.preInstantiateSingletons(DefaultListableBeanFactory.java:638)
    at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.finishBeanFactoryInitialization(AbstractApplicationContext.java:942)
    at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.refresh(AbstractApplicationContext.java:482)
    at org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoader.configureAndRefreshWebApplicationContext(ContextLoader.java:410)
    at org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoader.initWebApplicationContext(ContextLoader.java:306)
    at org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoaderListener.contextInitialized(ContextLoaderListener.java:112)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.listenerStart(StandardContext.java:4939)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.startInternal(StandardContext.java:5434)
    at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase.start(LifecycleBase.java:150)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChildInternal(ContainerBase.java:901)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChild(ContainerBase.java:877)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.addChild(StandardHost.java:633)
    at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployDirectory(HostConfig.java:1113)
    at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig$DeployDirectory.run(HostConfig.java:1671)
    at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:471)
    at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(FutureTask.java:334)
    at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:166)
    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1145)
    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:615)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:724)

I found the answer. I upgraded from 5.5 to 6.4.3 then to 7.1.0. I installed JDK1.8 for the 6.4.3. upgrade, then when I ran the 7.1.0 upgrade, the embedded java in the jasperserver install folder never updated. It was not looking at the environment variables to guide it to the updated versions. I copied the jdk1.8 contents over the contents of the jasperserver/java contents, then started the service. Thanks for your help guys!

• 1 month later...