How to create a text input parameter

Mictog

I am having an issue with a report parameter.  I need a UIControl that will present a text input box for the user to enter data for the parameter.  I have a parameter and I have looked on-line (exhaustive I think) on what the UICONTROL property value should be to accomplish this; but to no successful result.  I have used NO UICONTROL property as well as trying different variations of the name of the property (similar to CHECK BOX; RADIO BUTTON, etc.)  But to no avail.

I had this problem in iReport 5.6.0 and my newly installed Jaspersoft Studion Professional 6.1

I woudl greatly appreciate any guidance from the community.

Thank you.

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

JasperReports is just a "reporting" tool. Jaspersoft Studio is just a "report designer" tool. It's not a form designer tool.

To create a parameter, just create a parameter in Jaspersoft Studio. Jaspersoft Studio will show a text box for the parameter when you "Preview" the report design. Nevertheless, the "Preview" is not part of the report design. If you are creating your own application using JasperReports library, you'll need to create your own text input for the parameter. If you are using JasperReports Server, JasperReports Server will create an Input Control for the parameter.