ClassCastException: java.lang.String cannot be cast to java.lang.Boolean

dprogrammer

Very frustrated with Jaspersoft Studo 6.2.0 (loved older versions of iReport).

I am not sure why the developers of JasperStudio suite keep making it difficult to use. Older versions of iReport (3x) had a nice feature to double click on error message in the console and it would take you to the filed/object that is causing the error. With their greates JSS 6.2.0, that feature is no where to find and hence for past two hours I am not able to find where the heck this error is occuring. Could anyone throw any ideas? I've also checked the log (Windows-->Show View...) menu but it's not telling me anything about this error.

Error message: java.lang.ClassCastException: java.lang.String cannot be cast to java.lang.Boolean.

I know what the error means but I am not able to find where is it occuring. I've checked all fields, variables, parameters.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

I got the same error when I try to implement a conversion of Big Decimal value to interger. I used the following expression with print expression:

<FieldName>.compareTo(new BigDecimal(<value>))==1?"Green Status.png":"Red Status.png" I'm using this for image status indicator field. Any help on this would be of great help.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...