We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

How to Apply Domain Level Security using IReport/Jasper Studio?

Ravi Kumar

Hi All, Greeting for the day...

is there any possibility to apply Domain (Row Level or Column Level security) for the Report which is designed by using IReport or Jasper Studiio. 

Thanks in Advance..

if there any solution can you please guide me to achieve this Requirement.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In JSS, you could try creating a data adapter using your Domain as data source, then creating your report, exporting the report to JasperReports Server, and finally creating your Domain security file on JRS. However, I think that "closing the loop" - creating a Domain-based report in JSS and exporting back to JRS - is not fully supported.

Ya thanks for your Sugessions Hozawa and Elizam,

My requirement is like as follows,

i want to apply a branding on my report and also wanted to Apply Row Level security,

i want to format my report using IReport or Jasper Studiio like by putting images, Boarders, etc. 

while uploading my Report(JRXML file)in to the Jasper server , i want to make use of Domain Designer Feature so that i can apply this Domain Level Security(Row or Column level) security.

is this approach will possible by JSS/IReport and Jasper Report server.

if there is any alternative solution could you please sugest me to achive this. thanks in advance..

You can achieve this on studio with using loggedinuser parameters. You can filter your data according to logged in user's attributes which are defined on jasperserver. That's the only way to do it.

Built-in Parameters for Query-based Input Controls

http://community.jaspersoft.com/documentation/tibco-jasperreports-server-administration-guide/v62/query-based-input-controls