How to link Input Control of jasper server with report parameter

ajay_chothani

Hi,

I am beginner to the Jasper(Using "JasperReports Server 5.5" and "Jaspersoft Studio Profesional 5.5.0"). I have created the stand alone Input control(say "IC1") in the server and used that control in the report. I am also using parameter(say "P1") in my report. I want to link this Input control with parameter.What I want is the option selected in Input will be filtered through the parameter in the query.

Please let me know how to achieve this functionality.

Your help will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Ajay

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Netti,

Thanks for the reply,

My report contains the same parameter name as of Input control. I have also used this parameter name in the qery filter.
When I individually run the report through jaspersoft studio, the results are filtered but when I run this through the server, the selection of option has no effects on the results.

<<<<<< This comment was blocked and unpublished because Project Honeypot indicates it came from a suspicious IP address.

As @netti said the in the comment the Parameter Name in the JRXML file has to match the Input control ID of the input control you created in the server.

So if the ID of your input controls is IC1, that will be passed to the report as the parameter $P{IC1}