We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

SubReport .jasper files get deleted when I run the master report

djohns2

I have a master report with three sub-reports.  Every time I run the master the .jasper files for the second two get deleted and I have to re-compile them before the report will run successfully.  Otherwise it complains that it cannot find the .jasper file.   No duh - you just deleted them!!   This happens with other reports which have sub-reports as well.      Any idea why it is doing this?  I am running JasperReports 5.2.0 in Eclipse 4.3.1 (I think...it is Kepler SR1 Build 20130919-0819).  I see a Jasper Reports Property in Preferences of ...compiler.keep.java.file which is set to false but these are not .java files, they are .jasper.  It didn't have any effect anyway when I set it to true.  Is there some other setting in Eclipse that will keep these .jasper files once they are created so I do not have to go through the extra steps every single time!?

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The main report has one query, using a SP.   The subreports each use different SPs.  They each take the same parameter as the master.  They all use the $P{REPORT_CONNECTION}.  Same for another report I had, which also had three sub-reports but the main one there only had a querystring of 'Select 1' and the sub-reports did all the work.

Hi,
could you please register a screencast of what occurs. Moreover do you have "Build Automatically" flagged or not in your Eclipse development environment?

I quick tested with some simple reports (1 master and two subreports) and I didn't experienced this kind of problem. Neither with the 5.5+ configuration nor with the 5.2.0 plugin version installed into a Kepler 4.3.1.

Best regards,
Massimo.

I am not sure how to record this as a screen cast and I don't know what it would show?   I can watch in the file Navigator as the report is compiling.   If there are .jasper files for each sub-report they will just disappear as the master is compiling.  There is no message or warning...they just go away.

I have tried this with the Auto Build checked and unchecked and got the same results.  Here are the steps I use:

1) Import master and 3 sub reports from file system into Eclipse Project folder.
2) Add the single parameter they all share from Properties for each sub in the master
2)Preview Master...using One Empty Record to see what the page layout looks like
3) Eclipse/Jasper creates .jasper file for the first sub-report in the list, not for the rest.
4)Error message...Resource not found - it is the next file listed in the folder.
5) Manually compile both remaining files and the report will work..until I save a change for anything in the master report.

6) Then the second two .jasper files will just disappear when I run the report.