We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Relevant Product for user Report building

ramandeep1980

Hi ,

I would need help in deciding which jasper product should i use.

I am already using Jasper iReport for a while for reports in my applications.Now moving forward i am trying to create a reporting system where user can themselves drag and drop columns and create their own report.

Can you pleae guide me in this.

Regards,

Raman Deep Singh

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

For that you need to create Domain or Topic which created on top of the query. where you have to specify your dimensions and measures.

If you provide that domain or topic to the user, they can able to create table, crosstab, chart using that domain using drag drop of dimensions and measure. And they can also save their analysis as report. 

Check with domain and topic to create Adhoc report which may be your requirement.

Thanks

Ajinkya

Hi Ramandeep,

The feature you are talking about is not availaible in the free version. For that, you will have to either go for paid version i.e. purchase professional version or enterprise version. You can also go for AWS version.

If you want completely free, then some workarounds are also there like using developing a saiku plugin and using it in jaspersoft. Or using Pentaho with saiku analytics.

connect with me on nikhilesh@helicaltech.com for more information. We are open source data warehousing and business intelligence expert with expertise on jaspersoft, pentaho, talend, kettle, liferay etc.

Thanks
Nikhilesh

• 2 weeks later...

Raman, what you are looking is call AdHoc reporting like @augarte pointed out. That is part of the Jasper Server Professional Edition (which is also available as Jaspersoft for AWS with a convenient pricing model), you can find more information about the different editions here: http://www.jaspersoft.com/editions

If you are interested how this works you can download an evaluation version there are some weekly demos that you can sign up from that download page that will give you a good overview of the product. You will also find quite a few recorded demos in the Jaspersoft You Tube Channel

Hope this helps.