We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Static text in bold font times does not work

darkryon

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi  darkryon

This kind of <staticText> should be work. :)

Thanks

ajithn

Code:
<staticText>    <reportElement x="342" y="70" width="100" height="20"/>	<textElement>		<font isBold="true"/>	</textElement>   <text><![CDATA[static text]]></text></staticText>

Hi,

have you set the PDF-Font to bold? In iReport you have to set a font for the "normal" output and a special font for PDF output. For example I use SansSerif for report out put and Helvetica for PDF font name (I use iReport 3.6.0). If I want the font to be bold I have to check the checkbox "Bold" in the properties window and have to choose another PDF font "Helvetica-Bold".

HTH

Christina

ok, let's explain the problem.

PDF does not use the font defined in the static text, it uses the PDF font (which may be normal, bold, etc). In other words in a common situation, PDF exporter does not use the bold/italic settings of the text field.

There are two solutions:

1. Explicitally set the PDF font of the static text (i.e. Helvetica-Bold)

2. Use a font extension (all the fonts before the separator line in the font name combo box are fonts extensions, the others are just system fonts). A font extension is a group of fonts, for which is defined which font (TTF) must be used for the normal, bold, italic and bold-italic styles).

Custom font extensions can be created from the options dialog, in the fonts tab.

There are many other good reasons to use a font extensions, especially when the report is supposed to work on different platforms and systems.

I hope this can clarify.

Giulio