Excel report with a sheet per group

macivic

Hi all:

I need to export a report into excel format generating a sheet per group, but I don't want to split the group in various sheets.

If I set IS_ONE_PAGE_PER_SHEET property to false, the exporter ignore "start on a new page" group property and generate the entire report in a unique sheet.

If I set IS_ONE_PAGE_PER_SHEET property to true, the group splitted in various sheets.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Miguel

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you Lucian,

Those properties works fine. The only restriction is they only can be use with JRPrintElement, and Group isn't an instance of this class.

I resolved it adding a line at group footer with line width 0 (invisible). I set the net.sf.jasperreports.export.xls.break.after.row property to true in the line and the report break in each group.

I don't know if it was the best solution or you have another suggestion.

Miguel

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for your post. I was able to generate a sheet per group using net.sf.jasperreports.export.xls.break.before.row.

However, I have another little issue : I don't know how to set the sheets' names.

I have 3 reports (3 jrxml) which generate an unique Excel file with 3 sheets. I tried setting the sheets' names with net.sf.jasperreports.export.xls.sheet.names.sheet1, net.sf.jasperreports.export.xls.sheet.names.sheet2 and net.sf.jasperreports.export.xls.sheet.names.sheet3 properties. The name of the first sheet is OK but the sheets 2 and 3 are named with the name of the first sheet following by 2 and 3.

For example, if the names are "toto", "titi" and "tutu", the sheets' names will be "toto", "toto 2" and "toto 3".

Are you able to define the sheets' names correctly ?

Hi,

How did you export the 3 reports to the same XLS file? Using batch export (JASPER_PRINT_LIST export parameter)?

What exporter class did you use? The JRXlsExporter or the JExcelApiExporter?

Where did you set the 3 sheet name config properties? In a jasperreports.properties file or in the first report template?

Thank you,
Teodor

How did you export the 3 reports to the same XLS file? Using batch export (JASPER_PRINT_LIST export parameter)?

I use Java API :

JasperPrint jasperPrintFeuilleTexte = JasperFillManager.fillReport(DirectoryLocator.getIntradocDir() + "custom/CustomizedContribution/resources/reports/stats-texte.jasper", paramsTexte, new JREmptyDataSource());        JasperPrint jasperPrintFeuilleStatsPDV = JasperFillManager.fillReport(DirectoryLocator.getIntradocDir() + "custom/CustomizedContribution/resources/reports/stats-pdv.jasper", new HashMap(), statsPdvDataSource);        JasperPrint jasperPrintFeuilleStatsCentrale = JasperFillManager.fillReport(DirectoryLocator.getIntradocDir() + "custom/CustomizedContribution/resources/reports/stats-centrale.jasper", new HashMap(), statsCentraleDataSource);        List pagesStatsPDV = new ArrayList(jasperPrintFeuilleStatsPDV.getPages());        for(int count = 0; count < pagesStatsPDV.size(); count++)        {            jasperPrintFeuilleTexte.addPage((JRPrintPage) pagesStatsPDV.get(count));        }        List pagesStatsCentrale = new ArrayList(jasperPrintFeuilleStatsCentrale.getPages());        for(int count = 0; count < pagesStatsCentrale.size(); count++)        {            jasperPrintFeuilleTexte.addPage((JRPrintPage)pagesStatsCentrale.get(count));        } 

What exporter class did you use? The JRXlsExporter or the JExcelApiExporter?

JRXlsExporter

Where did you set the 3 sheet name config properties? In a jasperreports.properties file or in the first report template?

I tried in different locations :

- in the first report template

- in each report template

- in the JRXlsExporter parameters : exporterXLS.setParameter(JRXlsExporterParameter.SHEET_NAMES, new String[]{"toto", "titi", "tutu"});

I have the same results with all these locations.

Thank you

Thomas

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I was not able to reproduce this problem.

Download the JR 3.6.1 project distribution from Sourceforge.net and copy the attached file in the /demo/samples/batchexport sample.

Then run it with ant like this:

>ant clean javac compile fill xls

You'll notice the first three sheet names coming nicely. They are set using the SHEET_NAMES exporter parameter. But setting them with custom properties in the first of the reports (the other two do not matter anyway), works as well, provided that you no longer set the SHEET_NAMES, which would take precendence.

I hope this helps.

Teodor

Post Edited by teodord at 01/21/2010 11:13

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

stopbugginme
Wrote:

lucianc
Wrote:

You can have explicit Excel sheet breaks by using the net.sf.jasperreports.export.xls.break.before.row and net.sf.jasperreports.export.xls.break.after.row properties on report elements.

HTH,

Lucian

Hi.

could anybody paste the code to use this properties. I don't know how i should use them.

Thank's a lot

Hi everyone,

I tried to enable these two properties, doing this but it does not work:

Can someone help me please, i need it urgently.

thanks a lot.

Julien.

Code:
JRXlsExporter exporterXLS = new JRXlsExporter();                 exporterXLS.setParameter(JRXlsExporterParameter.is_break_before_row, Boolean.TRUE);         exporterXLS.exportReport();

The forum is working, but not necessarily in an "urgent" mode.

The properties I mentioned need to be set at element level, as documented.  So you'd have something like below in your report.

Regards,

Lucian

Code:
<textField>	<reportElement x="0" y="0" ...>		<property name="net.sf.jasperreports.export.xls.break.before.row" value="true"/>	</reportElement>

• 7 months later...

I tried a lot of ways. I checked "ignore pagination", then set "break.after.row" to true to some element.

It worked in ireport. But when i open the report in jasperserver, only one sheet is generated.

Could you please tell me why? I am using Jasperserver 3.7.1, ireport 4.0.0.

Do I have to upgrade jasperserver to 4.0?

Thanks

• 1 year later...
  1. Add this net.sf.jasperreports.export.xls.one.page.per.sheet and its value:true to the report's properties.

2. Add Group Band and give Group Expression in Group Header or in Group Footer.

3. Add a Page Brake in Page footer or Group footer or after the crosstab data or data.

4. Check on ignore pagination.

Result: You will find the Excel report with a sheet per group.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 5 months later...

I checked “Start New Page” for my group header (and group footer). Therefore I got rid of the the page break.

I UNchecked the “Ignore Pagination” for the report. But mind, that the page height must be tall enough to hold the content for every sheet or you get “funny” sheets in between.

• 2 years later...