We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

report can't be sent via email

eldonlee

I created a report job that I want it to be sent to users.  I could not get the report notifiation after inputing a email in report scheduler.

I also checked that I have not inputted any smtp as well for jasperserver

Could you help me to configure report email notification..

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just installed jasperserver 3.5 (free version) for windows in which there is no ireport document but it got jasperserver user guide.pdf  attached

It shows me how to schedule ireport on session 3.2 Using iReport scheduler. I have followed its instruction but I can't receive any report notificaion. I have attached the screen shot for your reference

Do you know what is the problem?

BTW, I got some queries

Questions

1) how does JapserServr send email notification to me because the guide does not show me how I can configure my company's email server or etc..?

2) In jasperserver 3.5 , I can't find any iReport document as you mentioned . Do you know where I can download full iReport document with free of charge?

There is a missing part of the documentation:Notifications of scheduled reports from JasperServer are sent via email. To usethis feature, you need to edit your WEB-INF/js.quartz.properties to set youremail server connection properties. Also set thereport.scheduler.web.deployment.uri property, which is the base part of the URLusers will see in their notification emails to link to scheduled report contentback in the server. This will be the public host name of JasperServer in yourenvironment, like http://jasperserver.myorganization.com.au/jasperserver[/code]

Sherman

Jaspersoft