Parameters in 3.5.1 iReport / JasperServer

mcaton

Hello Gurus,

I built a report in iReport 3.5.1 for Mac and published it to a Linux instance of JasperServer 3.5.1. The simple parameters I included for a date range work in the full-client iReport but when I publish the report to JasperServer there is no prompting and the report says there are no pages to display.

One potential issue is that I don't have default parameters set. This is bec whatever date format I select is rejected. Runs fine in iReport but not on JS.

Any ideas?

thanks

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I have exactly the same problem with iReport 3.5.0 + JR 3.5.0.

Preview is ok, "Run report" gives a no page error just after the parameter window.

Moreover :

- I have of course added an Input control with appropriate type to the report

- I have named the input control the same as the parameter

- I have read the JasperServer doc (actually nearly all the Jasper docs) even the Apress "old" definitive guide

- I have even added a default value, just to be sure

- I have tried all the prompt options ("Always prompt"...)

There is a problem.

Regards

William

William,

You wrote, "I have exactly the same problem with iReport 3.5.0 + JR 3.5.0." But I'm assuming your issue is actually  with JasperServer.

It sounds like your query is returning no data. To troubleshoot this try setting the report property to display all sections, no detail so that there is still a report generated. Display the parameter values in the title band to see what values they are getting. Maybe also turn on extra logging. Uncommenting the following line from log4j.properties often helps with query issues:

#log4j.logger.net.sf.jasperreports.engine.query.JRJdbcQueryExecuter=debug

Regards,
Matt