We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

JasperServer Pro 3.5

rkm258

Hi,

Just saw the new features in JasperServer Pro 3.5.

1. Is this the version called the Topaz  release?

2. I have seen that there is a concept called organization.

Just wondering if i have a "multi tenant multi database version of a On-Demand system of my application", can i use a single JasperServer instance to provide reporting services to all my ondemand customers.

Ram

Post Edited by Rama Mukkamalla at 03/31/09 20:26

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Topaz was the release code name (we use gem names, like jasper /jaspadmin/fckeditor/editor/images/smiley/msn/tounge_smile.gif )...    3.5 is the offiical version number.

To your second question: yes. In a JasperServer multi-tenant environment, the repository is shared across organizations. Users belong to an organization. When they access the repository via the browser or web services, they will only see their organization's part of the repository, as well as any "public" folders and resources. You could have done this before with roles and permissions, but it was difficult to set up and manage.

Sherman

Jaspersoft

The hooks for multi-tenancy are in Communiuty Edition, like the tenant table and user/role management updates.

The actual implementation extensions for multi-tenancy are in the Professional Edition. There are a lot of multi-tenancy related beans etc that transform URIs etc that wrap and replace existing beans. This implementation can be reconfigured if the current approach does not meet particular needs.

Multi-tenancy is documented extensively in the Professional Edition.

Sherman

Jaspersoft

The documentation you are most likely looking for would be the new info around organizations, roles, and users; you'll find that in the JasperServer Professional Administrator Guide. Take a look at the relevant sections of chapters 1, 2, and 3.

Hope this helps,

Kristen

Post Edited by Kristen Kelleher at 04/07/09 18:45