We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

iReport QA

marianol

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi this is Vikas.

I hav e a question about adding Subreports to a main Report. I made a report wherin i had to add sub reports which comprises of recurrsive datas. That is a table whose rows are not fixed and depands only on the amount of data comin from the bean. Now i have a text box just under this report which actually sum the table contents of the subreport (the text box is on the main report). when i compile and run the report it works very fine only with one problem. that is the recurssive table of subreport overrides the text box. The view is all meshed. What would u suggest to solve this problem.??

• 2 months later...

Hi,

i am a ireport developer from Hong Kong, i would like to create an order sheet report.
Just simple show the order list with different sub total,
but i found that there is a problem on the sub total, please see the sample
user A have an order list

Lot No.    Colour      Size     Length           Qty
0001          B               S           32                100
0001          B               S           33                100
0001          B               M           34                100
0002          B               M           32                100
0002          B               M           33                100
0002          R               M           34                100

now the requirement want to group by Size, Colour, Lot No.
I expected the result will like this

------------------------------------------------------------
Size:                                                          200

Colour :                                                    300

Lot No.:                                                     500

Size                                                          600
Colour                                                      600
Lot No.:                                                    600

But now the report become

Lot No.:                                                    200
Colour                                                      200
Size                                                           200

Lot No.:                                                    300
Colour                                                      300
Size                                                           300

Lot No.:                                                    500
Colour                                                      500
Size                                                           500

Lot No.:                                                    600
Colour                                                      600
Size                                                          600

Seems the group have problem, either one value changed, all groups will be print out.
What do you think? i am using 3.6.0 (most updated version, same problem found)

,Choi

Post Edited by colachoi at 10/12/2009 10:14

Hi,

i'm new to iReport.

i wonder if i need JasperReport if i already has the iReport? i've downloaded iReport for the NetBean plugin, i can design and compile the report

now what must i do to load the report in Java application? how to install JasperReport in Windows? 

Thank you!

Hi,

I am a jasperReports Professional customer and now we want to upgrade jasperReports Professional from 2.1.1 to 3.6. But I have a question, I know jasperReports Professional 3.6 integrate the iReport 3.6. In my project, I need to start the iReport from Web page. In previous build, the iReport provide a startup.bat, so I can start it from web page. But in iReport 3.6, it only provide a exe file to start it. So, I want to know if the JasperReports Professional 3.6 provide the startup.bat or something else, or if it can be started from webstart? Because I need to start it from web page.

Thanks

Ken

Hi Guilio. A very good day.

I have your book "The defenitive guide for ireport". I'm following the steps exactly as you mentioned in the book. Initially I got Exception Description: The entity class[Varia] was not found using class loader[oracle.toplink.essentials.internal.ejb.cmp3.javasecmpinitializer$TempEntityLoader@162bd90]. Internal Exception:java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:Varia

Later after checking through the forum i understood it is some problem with the hibernate jar. So i added the latest jars into class path. And now when I click on Test button i donot get any error or success message. Please help me out

Hi Guilio

When I go into the log file of ireport I got the following error. Please help me in sorting this out

<B>

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/hibernate/id/factory/IdentifierGeneratorFactory at org.hibernate.ejb.Ejb3Configuration.(Ejb3Configuration.java:107) at org.hibernate.ejb.HibernatePersistence.createEntityManagerFactory(HibernatePersistence.java:124) at javax.persistence.Persistence.createEntityManagerFactory(Persistence.java:52) at com.jaspersoft.ireport.designer.connection.EJBQLConnection.getEntityManager(EJBQLConnection.java:129) at com.jaspersoft.ireport.designer.connection.EJBQLConnection$1.run(EJBQLConnection.java:179) at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(InvocationEvent.java:209) at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:461)

Please let me know the mistake i'm committing

thanks in advance

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

i'm just change from iReport 3.0 to 3.6.2 version.

can anyone help me with the new interface, it's a little bit difficult for me.

How to change report query?

How to edit parameters and variable? right click on it but there's no option to edit...

and the toolbar  (bold, italic, etc..) can't fit at the window, the window seem to small for all  the icon..

thanks...

• 3 weeks later...

I use ireport 3.7.0, when i add [ language="java"]
to the jrxml file in xml view 
<jasperReport xmlns="http://jasperreports.sourceforge.net/jasperreports" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:schemaLocation="http://jasperreports.sourceforge.net/jasperreports http://jasperreports.sourceforge.net/xsd/jasperreport.xsd" name="examSchedulesCSV" pageWidth="612" pageHeight="792" columnWidth="552" leftMargin="30" rightMargin="30" topMargin="20" bottomMargin="20" language="java">

when i swith to the design view do some edit and save, 
the jrxml file will elase the  [ language="java"] automatically

<jasperReport xmlns="http://jasperreports.sourceforge.net/jasperreports" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:schemaLocation="http://jasperreports.sourceforge.net/jasperreports http://jasperreports.sourceforge.net/xsd/jasperreport.xsd" name="examSchedulesCSV" pageWidth="612" pageHeight="792" columnWidth="552" leftMargin="30" rightMargin="30" topMargin="20" bottomMargin="20">

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I'm in charge of the integration project of Jasper reports to our PLM/MPM software. I'm currently trying to improve the integration of iReport with our infrastructure in a way that customers will be able to create and edit their own reports. RIght now, we have to send consultant on site for that work. Edition is too complex. We think that training customesr to work with your report "IDE" will simplify edition and reduce maintenance cost.

Our reports gets their information by direct call to our API (java of course). Is it possible to have path completion when editing report with iReport (same way than Eclipse does) ? Is it possible to generate preview of the design with data obtain from our API?

I attach a code example to show you how we have embedded our api inside your reports.

The second attachment show a screen shot where you can see in the iReport Problems window that java class importation error are detected... Is it normal? How can I fix that?

Thanks!

Bruno Dufour

Director

www.notixia.com

Hi,

Whilst I am new to iReports, I have been working with reporting tools for many years and I have issues with Jasper iReports V3.7 handling of Input Parameters and Patterns...

My problem is that I want to choose 2 dates each formatted as "yyyy-MM-dd HH:mm:ss.SSS" being 4 digit year, 2digit month, 2 digit day, 2 digit Hour, 2 digit minute, 2 digit seconds and 3 digit micro-seconds.  This is a mandatory requirement for our Systems Engineering guys to get this sort of fine grained reporting from our Database.

I have not had any success in getting this to work.  The xml snippets below is from one of our reports...

<parameter name="StartDate" class="java.util.Date" isForPrompting="false" />
    <parameter name="EndDate" class="java.util.Date" isForPrompting="false" />
    <queryString>
        <![CDATA[sELECT
 FROM_UNIXTIME(WF_Timestamp) Req_Date_Time,
 SUBSTR(Request_URL,1,LOCATE("?",Request_URL)-1) Search_URL,
 REPLACE( SUBSTR( SUBSTR( Request_URL, LOCATE( "?",Request_URL ) +1 ),1),"+"," ") Search_Terms,
 User_Name,
 Source_IP_Address Client_IP
FROM REPORTING.WEBFILTER_REPORTING
WHERE (LOCATE('google',lower(Request_URL))>0 OR LOCATE('yahoo',lower(Request_URL))>0)
AND LOCATE('http://localhost/cgi-bin/utils/proxy/',Request_URL)=0
AND Flags < 64
AND (FROM_UNIXTIME(WF_Timestamp) BETWEEN $P{StartDate} AND  $P{EndDate})]]>
    </queryString>

Note: The WF_Timestamp above is a UNIX TIMESTAMP including Time to nano-seconds.

and

<pageFooter>
        <band height="27">
            <textField>
                <reportElement mode="Opaque" x="0" y="4" width="734" height="13" backcolor="#E6E6E6"/>
                <textElement textAlignment="Right"/>
                <textFieldExpression class="java.lang.String"><![CDATA["Page "+$V{PAGE_NUMBER}+" of"]]></textFieldExpression>
            </textField>
            <textField evaluationTime="Report">
                <reportElement mode="Opaque" x="734" y="4" width="52" height="13" backcolor="#E6E6E6"/>
                <textElement/>
                <textFieldExpression class="java.lang.String"><![CDATA[" " + $V{PAGE_NUMBER}]]></textFieldExpression>
            </textField>
            <textField pattern="yyyy-MM-dd HH:mm:ss">
                <reportElement x="0" y="4" width="120" height="13"/>
                <textElement/>
                <textFieldExpression class="java.util.Date"><![CDATA[new java.util.Date()]]></textFieldExpression>
            </textField>
            <textField>
                <reportElement x="130" y="4" width="118" height="13"/>
                <textElement/>
                <textFieldExpression class="java.lang.String"><![CDATA["Date range between: "]]></textFieldExpression>
            </textField>
            <textField>
                <reportElement x="248" y="4" width="135" height="13"/>
                <textElement/>
                <textFieldExpression class="java.lang.String"><![CDATA[new java.text.SimpleDateFormat("yyyy-MM-dd HH:mm:ss.SSS").format($P{StartDate})]]></textFieldExpression>
            </textField>
            <textField>
                <reportElement x="386" y="4" width="35" height="13"/>
                <textElement/>
                <textFieldExpression class="java.lang.String"><![CDATA[" and "]]></textFieldExpression>
            </textField>
            <textField>
                <reportElement x="424" y="4" width="139" height="13"/>
                <textElement/>
                <textFieldExpression class="java.lang.String"><![CDATA[new java.text.SimpleDateFormat("yyyy-MM-dd HH:mm:ss.SSS").format($P{EndDate})]]></textFieldExpression>
            </textField>
        </band>
    </pageFooter>

Please advise how I can set up an Input Control which will present itself as a Date, Time , Microtime formatted as "yyyy-MM-dd HH:mm:ss.SSS"

I am not a Java Programmer, but can understand the use of the various classes ie: java.sql.Timestamp, java.util.Date and the methods they provide etc...

Please avoid the US Convention of "MM-dd-yyyy" as this is just plain confusing for our European and Australasian Clients.

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><jasperReport xmlns="http://jasperreports.sourceforge.net/jasperreports" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:schemaLocation="http://jasperreports.sourceforge.net/jasperreports http://jasperreports.sourceforge.net/xsd/jasperreport.xsd" name="SearchEngineRequests" language="groovy" pageWidth="842" pageHeight="595" orientation="Landscape" whenNoDataType="AllSectionsNoDetail" columnWidth="786" leftMargin="28" rightMargin="28" topMargin="28" bottomMargin="28">	<parameter name="StartDate" class="java.util.Date" isForPrompting="false" />	<parameter name="EndDate" class="java.util.Date" isForPrompting="false" />	<queryString>		<![CDATA[sELECT FROM_UNIXTIME(WF_Timestamp) Req_Date_Time, SUBSTR(Request_URL,1,LOCATE("?",Request_URL)-1) Search_URL, REPLACE( SUBSTR( SUBSTR( Request_URL, LOCATE( "?",Request_URL ) +1 ),1),"+"," ") Search_Terms, User_Name, Source_IP_Address Client_IPFROM REPORTING.WEBFILTER_REPORTINGWHERE (LOCATE('google',lower(Request_URL))>0 OR LOCATE('yahoo',lower(Request_URL))>0)AND LOCATE('http://localhost/cgi-bin/utils/proxy/',Request_URL)=0AND Flags < 64AND (FROM_UNIXTIME(WF_Timestamp) BETWEEN $P{StartDate} AND  $P{EndDate})]]>	</queryString>	<field name="Req_Date_Time" class="java.sql.Timestamp">		<fieldDescription><![CDATA[]]></fieldDescription>	</field>	<field name="Search_URL" class="java.lang.String">		<fieldDescription><![CDATA[]]></fieldDescription>	</field>	<field name="Search_Terms" class="java.lang.String">		<fieldDescription><![CDATA[]]></fieldDescription>	</field>	<field name="User_Name" class="java.lang.String">		<fieldDescription><![CDATA[]]></fieldDescription>	</field>	<field name="Client_IP" class="java.lang.String">		<fieldDescription><![CDATA[]]></fieldDescription>	</field>	<background>		<band/>	</background>	<pageHeader>		<band height="103">			<line>				<reportElement x="0" y="102" width="786" height="1" forecolor="#000000"/>			</line>			<staticText>				<reportElement x="383" y="34" width="403" height="35" forecolor="#0099CC"/>				<textElement textAlignment="Right">					<font size="24" isBold="true"/>				</textElement>				<text><![CDATA[search Engine Keywords Report]]></text>			</staticText>			<image>				<reportElement x="0" y="0" width="277" height="91"/>				<imageExpression class="java.lang.String"><![CDATA["repo:EditureWebLogo.gif"]]></imageExpression>			</image>		</band>	</pageHeader>	<columnHeader>		<band height="28">			<line>				<reportElement x="0" y="26" width="786" height="1" forecolor="#666666"/>			</line>			<staticText>				<reportElement x="0" y="5" width="97" height="20"/>				<textElement markup="none">					<font fontName="SansSerif" size="10" isBold="true"/>				</textElement>				<text><![CDATA[Request Date]]></text>			</staticText>			<staticText>				<reportElement x="370" y="5" width="239" height="20"/>				<textElement markup="none">					<font fontName="SansSerif" size="10" isBold="true"/>				</textElement>				<text><![CDATA[Request URL]]></text>			</staticText>			<staticText>				<reportElement x="617" y="5" width="169" height="20"/>				<textElement markup="none">					<font fontName="SansSerif" size="10" isBold="true"/>				</textElement>				<text><![CDATA[search Terms]]></text>			</staticText>			<staticText>				<reportElement x="97" y="5" width="156" height="20"/>				<textElement markup="none">					<font fontName="SansSerif" size="10" isBold="true"/>				</textElement>				<text><![CDATA[user Name]]></text>			</staticText>			<staticText>				<reportElement x="266" y="5" width="103" height="20"/>				<textElement markup="none">					<font fontName="SansSerif" size="10" isBold="true"/>				</textElement>				<text><![CDATA[Client IP]]></text>			</staticText>		</band>	</columnHeader>	<detail>		<band height="28">			<textField>				<reportElement x="0" y="4" width="97" height="20"/>				<textElement>					<font fontName="SansSerif"/>				</textElement>				<textFieldExpression class="java.sql.Timestamp"><![CDATA[$F{Req_Date_Time}]]></textFieldExpression>			</textField>			<textField>				<reportElement x="97" y="4" width="156" height="20"/>				<textElement>					<font fontName="SansSerif"/>				</textElement>				<textFieldExpression class="java.lang.String"><![CDATA[$F{User_Name}]]></textFieldExpression>			</textField>			<textField>				<reportElement x="266" y="4" width="103" height="20"/>				<textElement>					<font fontName="SansSerif"/>				</textElement>				<textFieldExpression class="java.lang.String"><![CDATA[$F{Client_IP}]]></textFieldExpression>			</textField>			<textField isStretchWithOverflow="true">				<reportElement x="370" y="4" width="239" height="20"/>				<textElement>					<font fontName="SansSerif"/>				</textElement>				<textFieldExpression class="java.lang.String"><![CDATA[$F{Search_URL}]]></textFieldExpression>			</textField>			<textField isStretchWithOverflow="true">				<reportElement x="617" y="4" width="169" height="20"/>				<textElement>					<font fontName="SansSerif"/>				</textElement>				<textFieldExpression class="java.lang.String"><![CDATA[$F{Search_Terms}]]></textFieldExpression>			</textField>			<line>				<reportElement positionType="FixRelativeToBottom" x="0" y="26" width="786" height="1"/>			</line>		</band>	</detail>	<columnFooter>		<band/>	</columnFooter>	<pageFooter>		<band height="27">			<textField>				<reportElement mode="Opaque" x="0" y="4" width="734" height="13" backcolor="#E6E6E6"/>				<textElement textAlignment="Right"/>				<textFieldExpression class="java.lang.String"><![CDATA["Page "+$V{PAGE_NUMBER}+" of"]]></textFieldExpression>			</textField>			<textField evaluationTime="Report">				<reportElement mode="Opaque" x="734" y="4" width="52" height="13" backcolor="#E6E6E6"/>				<textElement/>				<textFieldExpression class="java.lang.String"><![CDATA[" " + $V{PAGE_NUMBER}]]></textFieldExpression>			</textField>			<textField pattern="yyyy-MM-dd HH:mm:ss">				<reportElement x="0" y="4" width="120" height="13"/>				<textElement/>				<textFieldExpression class="java.util.Date"><![CDATA[new java.util.Date()]]></textFieldExpression>			</textField>			<textField>				<reportElement x="130" y="4" width="118" height="13"/>				<textElement/>				<textFieldExpression class="java.lang.String"><![CDATA["Date range between: "]]></textFieldExpression>			</textField>			<textField>				<reportElement x="248" y="4" width="135" height="13"/>				<textElement/>				<textFieldExpression class="java.lang.String"><![CDATA[new java.text.SimpleDateFormat("yyyy-MM-dd HH:mm:ss").format($P{StartDate})]]></textFieldExpression>			</textField>			<textField>				<reportElement x="386" y="4" width="35" height="13"/>				<textElement/>				<textFieldExpression class="java.lang.String"><![CDATA[" and "]]></textFieldExpression>			</textField>			<textField>				<reportElement x="424" y="4" width="139" height="13"/>				<textElement/>				<textFieldExpression class="java.lang.String"><![CDATA[new java.text.SimpleDateFormat("yyyy-MM-dd HH:mm:ss").format($P{EndDate})]]></textFieldExpression>			</textField>		</band>	</pageFooter>	<summary>		<band/>	</summary></jasperReport>

• 2 months later...

hiii...........good morning.................

I'm Moncy Mathai..........i'm working in a software company & is a fresher.........

i have been asked to understand ireport 3.5.2

i learned how to design & make connection between jrxml file & database.

i got stuck in a problem.

Problem is that connection is made but only the 1st data from the database is shown.

if u can help me in this matter it will be help full.

sql query which is gave is select * from table_name;

hi..........good morning.............

I'm Moncy Mathai..........i'm a fresher.......just joined a software company.............

i have been asked to work on iReport 3.5.2.............

i learned to desing jrxml file & create connection between jrxml file & database.

I got into a problem.

Problem is that only the first data from the table is executed.

i'm sending you the code of jrxml file which i created & also the jrxml file & jasper file is attached.

I'll be thank full to u if u can help me in this matter.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Attach : 1) bill_report.jrxml

2) bill_report.jasper

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><jasperReport xmlns="http://jasperreports.sourceforge.net/jasperreports" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:schemaLocation="http://jasperreports.sourceforge.net/jasperreports http://jasperreports.sourceforge.net/xsd/jasperreport.xsd" name="report name" pageWidth="595" pageHeight="842" columnWidth="535" leftMargin="20" rightMargin="20" topMargin="20" bottomMargin="20">	<queryString>		<![CDATA[sELECT     billmaster.`BILLNUMBER` AS billmaster_BILLNUMBER,     billmaster.`POID` AS billmaster_POID,     billmaster.`BILLVALUE` AS billmaster_BILLVALUEFROM     `billmaster` billmaster]]>	</queryString>	<field name="billmaster_BILLNUMBER" class="java.lang.String">		<fieldDescription><![CDATA[]]></fieldDescription>	</field>	<field name="billmaster_POID" class="java.lang.Integer">		<fieldDescription><![CDATA[]]></fieldDescription>	</field>	<field name="billmaster_BILLVALUE" class="java.lang.Float">		<fieldDescription><![CDATA[]]></fieldDescription>	</field>	<background>		<band splitType="Stretch"/>	</background>	<title>		<band height="85" splitType="Stretch">			<staticText>				<reportElement x="20" y="26" width="126" height="39"/>				<textElement>					<font size="22"/>				</textElement>				<text><![CDATA[bill Report]]></text>			</staticText>			<staticText>				<reportElement x="184" y="47" width="41" height="20"/>				<textElement>					<font size="12"/>				</textElement>				<text><![CDATA[From]]></text>			</staticText>			<line>				<reportElement x="246" y="66" width="100" height="1"/>			</line>			<staticText>				<reportElement x="366" y="47" width="37" height="20"/>				<textElement>					<font size="12"/>				</textElement>				<text><![CDATA[To]]></text>			</staticText>			<line>				<reportElement x="436" y="65" width="100" height="1"/>			</line>		</band>	</title>	<pageHeader>		<band height="19" splitType="Stretch"/>	</pageHeader>	<columnHeader>		<band height="85" splitType="Stretch">			<rectangle>				<reportElement x="20" y="9" width="516" height="76"/>			</rectangle>			<line>				<reportElement x="77" y="9" width="1" height="76"/>			</line>			<line>				<reportElement x="146" y="9" width="1" height="76"/>			</line>			<line>				<reportElement x="443" y="10" width="1" height="75"/>			</line>			<staticText>				<reportElement x="31" y="36" width="34" height="20"/>				<textElement>					<font size="12"/>				</textElement>				<text><![CDATA[s.No]]></text>			</staticText>			<staticText>				<reportElement x="84" y="36" width="45" height="20"/>				<textElement>					<font size="12"/>				</textElement>				<text><![CDATA[bill No]]></text>			</staticText>			<staticText>				<reportElement x="159" y="36" width="100" height="20"/>				<textElement>					<font size="12"/>				</textElement>				<text><![CDATA[Vendor Name]]></text>			</staticText>			<staticText>				<reportElement x="361" y="36" width="75" height="20"/>				<textElement>					<font size="12"/>				</textElement>				<text><![CDATA[submit Rate]]></text>			</staticText>			<staticText>				<reportElement x="444" y="36" width="92" height="20"/>				<textElement>					<font size="12"/>				</textElement>				<text><![CDATA[settled Amount]]></text>			</staticText>			<line>				<reportElement x="355" y="9" width="1" height="76"/>			</line>		</band>	</columnHeader>	<detail>		<band height="352" splitType="Stretch">			<rectangle>				<reportElement x="20" y="0" width="516" height="352"/>			</rectangle>			<textField>				<reportElement x="84" y="9" width="58" height="58"/>				<textElement/>				<textFieldExpression class="java.lang.String"><![CDATA[$F{billmaster_BILLNUMBER}]]></textFieldExpression>			</textField>			<textField>				<reportElement x="454" y="9" width="72" height="44"/>				<textElement/>				<textFieldExpression class="java.lang.Float"><![CDATA[$F{billmaster_BILLVALUE}]]></textFieldExpression>			</textField>			<line>				<reportElement x="443" y="0" width="1" height="352"/>			</line>			<line>				<reportElement x="355" y="0" width="1" height="352"/>			</line>			<line>				<reportElement x="77" y="0" width="1" height="352"/>			</line>			<line>				<reportElement x="146" y="0" width="1" height="352"/>			</line>		</band>	</detail>	<columnFooter>		<band height="62" splitType="Stretch">			<rectangle>				<reportElement x="20" y="0" width="516" height="50"/>			</rectangle>			<staticText>				<reportElement x="225" y="17" width="100" height="20"/>				<textElement>					<font size="12"/>				</textElement>				<text><![CDATA[Total]]></text>			</staticText>			<line>				<reportElement x="77" y="0" width="1" height="50"/>			</line>			<line>				<reportElement x="146" y="0" width="1" height="50"/>			</line>			<line>				<reportElement x="355" y="0" width="1" height="50"/>			</line>			<line>				<reportElement x="443" y="0" width="1" height="50"/>			</line>		</band>	</columnFooter>	<pageFooter>		<band height="54" splitType="Stretch"/>	</pageFooter>	<summary>		<band height="42" splitType="Stretch"/>	</summary></jasperReport>

i think your design detail only shows one entire cell with just lines and two floating field texts. Try to use static text and field texts. For the text fields to be repeatable they need to be at the same row and i think the only values in the details section.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi,

First of all thanks for your briliant work in iReport. Its a fantastic tool.

I have been using iReport for around 2 years now. I find that in earlier versions of iReport we used to have pop-up for property of a parameter, variable or field. This was very usefull and user friendly. With latest versions of iReport this has gone. Now we had to look around to search for different property settings (like hyperslinks, fonts, patterns). These all should be consolidated and shown in a sinlge window.

Thank you

hi rushit,

Since u had been using ireport for quite 2 years. can u able to guide us by creating an custom variable which contain our simple calculations (+ , - , x and division )  . How can make simple sql expression and store it in a vairable and display it.

I had been trying this for quite 3 months.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello,  I am new to iReport.  My company is using 3.0.0.  I want to create a crosstab report.  It does not give me a count in the detail boxes.  It just displays the last value encountered in the data source.  What am I doing wrong?  Thanks for your help.

• 2 weeks later...

My company purchased iReport when it was told even non-programmers could use it, and we paid for maximum support but Jasper now tells us this can not be used for any help in designing reports (just running them online). Thus we are (to make a HUGE understatement) put in a very disappointing situation. I have made some basic reports but am stuck on some of the charts (for example). Nowhere (e.g. not even in the "Ultimate" guide, which really only shows a couple of screen shots of graphs) can I find any assistance on using each chart type. Though I'm not a programmer, I spent years as a computer trainer and thus just need some explanation and examples. Where can I find these for the charts (not just one explanation for a basic pie chart)... all charts? Thank you very much for your help. This is the first time I'm giving JasperForge a try.

Hi,

I have been using iReports for a period of over 2 weeks now and I must say that I like all the featues and I am almost able to do all the existing reports on it with much ease. (using variety of featues - subreports, scriptlets, graphs).

The only issue/question that I have is whether there is any feature on templates that allows me to do multiple templates for each report. The point is I always have to do an export to CSV, PDF, Text versions (and may be more depending on client's requirements) whenever I fire a report request from the website. Now the reports are quite complex and there are multiple groupings and sub-groupings on it. The PDF version that I get is lovely while the CSV version is rubbish. I have tried getting around this by printing different bands for CSV and PDF - it definitely works but is extremely tedious for complex reports - specially when CSV works best with cartesian data format (tabular) and PDF looks best when data is not arranged in a cartesian manner.

If there was a feature which would allow me to select which template to run for a given report(jrxml) i.e allowing multiple templates for the same report(.jrxml file) based on a parameter, I could easily define different templates for different expected formats rather than selecting different bands.

Can you please advise on whether any such feature is desirable or is selection of bands the only option going forward. I wouldn't want to do different jrxm files for the same report as wouldn't want the query to run twice (fairly complicated and time consuming queries)

Thanks & Regards,

Amit

• 2 months later...

Hello there

I am having a problem with runing iReport.

I freshly installed the 3.7.6 version, and at the begining when I tried to open it, gave me the error:"Cannot find java.exe".

I created an environment variable JAVA_HOME which points to my JDeveloper java.exe file, and when I start the iReport application it doesn't do anything

Can you tell me what can I do?

Thank you

Angel