We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Cascading Input

anandharaj

Hi,

Cascading input control, this is one of the item in JS road map. which was published last year (i think Nov). Already one year, but this coolest function still not implemented.

When its going to be implemented?

One more question regarding input control (drop down)

Currently i have a drop-down input which will get the information from database. Is there a possible to include "All" in the list also?? If the user want for all, there will choose the "All" instead selecting one-by-one...

I know we can do using "multi-select query", but if the list contain 100 over items, for end-user will be tedious from select first item than <Shift> last item

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello,

Yes, adding an option for ALL is known. (It's enhancement 10082 "Multi-select input controls need a simple way to explicitly choose "ALL" values" in our internal system--not on the forge.)

Also note that in the multiselect input control you can simply select NONE of the options. If you select 2 options then JR renders code like this:

... where col1 in ('choice1','choice2') and ...

But if you select none of the choices JR renders code like this:

... where 0=0 and ...

You don't need to generate code that explicitly lists all options.

So you can already achieve the desired result. But it's not really a nice presentation for the end user, and that's why the enhancement request exists.

I can't comment on the timing for the cascading params. As you indicated, it's already known. I'm looking forward to it too. Perhaps someone from product management will be able to comment. (Or someone else will decide to implement it themselves!?)

Regards,

Matt

• 11 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

What yskripch is after is not cascading input controls.

Setting up a hyperlink to go from one report to another is a feature of JasperServer.

Create a hyperlink in your report, something like:

<textField isStretchWithOverflow="true" hyperlinkType="ReportExecution">
                    <reportElement x="410" y="4" width="105" height="15">
                        <property name="net.sf.jasperreports.export.pdf.tag.td" value="full"/>
                    </reportElement>
                    <textFieldExpression class="java.lang.String"><![CDATA["view"]]></textFieldExpression>
                    <hyperlinkParameter name="_report">
                        <hyperlinkParameterExpression><![CDATA["/reports/samples/EmployeeAccounts"]]></hyperlinkParameterExpression>
                    </hyperlinkParameter>
                    <hyperlinkParameter name="EmployeeID">
                        <hyperlinkParameterExpression><![CDATA[$F{id}]]></hyperlinkParameterExpression>
                    </hyperlinkParameter>
                </textField>

Note the hyperlinkType attribute and the hyperlinkParameter tags.

The hyperlinkParameter name="_report" hyperlinkParameterExpression is the URI of the target report. You can pass parameters to the target report by adding other hyperlinkParameterExpression with names that match the input controls of the report.

The Employees sample report shows this.

Sherman

Jaspersoft

• 1 month later...