We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

READ THIS before creating a NEW TOPIC

Teodor Danciu

Hello,

In order to save time and expedite the process of maintaining these forums with relevant and helpful information, please make sure you do the following, before posting a new message here:

1. Search the forums for relevant information regarding your problem.

2. Read the Wiki here.

3. Try the project samples.

Download the project source files distribution package from Sourceforge.net and you'll find very helpful samples under the /demo/samples directory. There is a sample for each feature of the library, including a Web application sample.

The package is available for download here:http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=36382&package_id=28579

Thank you,
    Teodor

Post Edited by Teodor Danciu at 11/10/08 15:31

• 6 months later...
  • Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

I think the freely available documentation for JasperReports has improved recently, with the introduction of the new project website here:

http://jasperforge.org/jasperreports

As you can see, there are also materials contributed by the community in the form of articles and even videos.

If you think that is not enough, then you might consider some advanced training for using JasperReports, or training tailored to your specific needs. This is a service available from JasperSoft.

Thank you,

Teodor

Post edited by: teodord, at: 2007/12/13 13:42

• 3 weeks later...

I appreciate the great work that has gone into JasperReports and I am desperately trying to learn each bit. But I am having great difficulty with the Samples.

I am using Eclipse Europa. I have the JasperReports/demo/samples project loaded. I have run each of the Ant builds. All is OK except the main sample I am interested in, TableOfContents. The Ant build fails with Report design not valid :

[jrc] 1. java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: HeadingsScriptlet.

Also, if I try to open the TableOfContentsReport.jrxml into the JasperAssistant editor, I get an error dialog stating: "AnyChildRules.rules not implemented."

I would greatly appreciate any guidance.

Mel

• 1 month later...

raffimd wrote:

Yeah, The Samples bundled in the JasperReports are really great to explore.
I have written a one page blog entry :How to Run JasperReports Samples.
You can find the same at the following Locations
http://jasperforge.org/website/jasperreportswebsite/JR%20Website/jasperreports_samples.html?group_id=252&header=project&leftnav=yes&target=jasperreports

Regards,
Raffi

Nicely done !
It would be nice to write a tutorial to run the samples on Eclipse as well.

Post Edited by Jasper Admin at 09/23/08 13:16

• 3 months later...

Yeah, I agree. JasperReports are frequently updated when new products are launched.

teodord wrote:

Hi,

I think the freely available documentation for JasperReports has improved recently, with the introduction of the new project website here:
http://jasperforge.org/jasperreports
As you can see, there are also materials contributed by the community in the form of articles and even videos.

If you think that is not enough, then you might consider some advanced training for using JasperReports, or training tailored to your specific needs. This is a service available from JasperSoft.

Thank you,
Teodor<br><br>Post edited by: teodord, at: 2007/12/13 13:42

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 years later...
  • 3 months later...