We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Deploying reports with subreports

rajeevt

I am trying to deploy a jasperreport with a subreport in Tomcat environment. The normal reports without subreport work perfectly. However, the master report has a SUBREPORT_DIR parameter from where it should pickup the subreport.jasper. What is the value I should be passing to this parameter? I have tried various options but always get an exception saying couldn't load the object from the directory. The syntax I use is as below:

private static final String PREFIX = "/WEB-INF/reports/";

private static final String SUFFIX = ".jasper";

externalContext econtext = getExternalContext();

InputStream stream = econtext.getResourceAsStream(PREFIX + name + SUFFIX);

JasperPrint jasperPrint = null;

jasperPrint = JasperFillManager.fillReport(stream, params, conn);

Regards

Rajeev

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Forget the parameter SUBREPORTS_DIR, and use as expression for your subreport something like:

"repo:yourReport"

where yourReport is the name of the resource containing the jrxml of your subreport: infact the best wat to use subreports in JS is to load the subreport jrxml as resoure in your report unit and refer it by resource name.

Giulio

• 4 weeks later...

I am struggling with using a URL to call a parent report containing a subreport. I have a servlet engine on a tomcat server which will send a .jasper file to a browser. The URL calls the .jasper subreport with no error, but when calling the parent report I get a can't find the (subreport name) file error.

I've tried various path combinations, and I've tried your "repo:reportName" (see image below), but none have worked. Do you have any guidance you can give me on how to get the parent report to properly call the subreport from a tomcat server?