We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

How to add Drop-Down list as Input Parameter in Jaspersoft Studio

panlj2004

I've created a reports where i want to input a Drop-Down parameter, it selected all records from a column as list,user can be click the Drop-Down to choose as you wanted, but I don’t how to add the parameter, some document said: some define should be made in JasperServer, but without the "Input Controls" in my JasperServer.  

reportserver.PNG.a4c9aa6f58fa6cb4e5ea5314dd591706.PNG

anyone can tell me a way to create a drop down menu behavior inside the TIBCO Jaspersoft Studio-6.1.0.final

Please help.

Thank you in advance

Kelly

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Input Control is supported in JasperReports Server. It's possible to create Input Control with drop down list from Jaspersoft Studio.

Just go to "Repository" view and right click on  the report folder and "New" -> "Input Control". In the 2nd page, select "Select from List" in the type drop down list.

Hello hozawa,

I found the "input control" in JasperReports Server, and the simple drop-down is working.

now, I'm research the situation:

when choice 1st drop-down, the 2nd drop-down will seleced related recorde.

can you help me for this?

thanks a lot

Kelly

If you want to create a tree looking input control that's not possible without modifiyng jasperserver source codes I guess. But if a sql query flling your filter,It's simple to create cascading input controls.

For example let's assume that we have two input control. First one is for "Product Class ID", and the second one is "product ID".

-create two input control(Single Select Query) and two parameter. param1 (product_class_ID), param2 (product_ID)

- First input control sql query is "select product_class_ID from product_table"

- Second should be like " select product_ID from product_table where product_class_ID=$P{param1} "

By doing that we achive to get product ID based on product_class_ID selection.

That's what you want I guess :)