We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

New installation not starting on reboot

Kendjr

I have a new installation of Jasperserver 6.1. it is not restarting automatically when I reboot. I running it on ubuntu, and followed the instructions on editing the jasperserver script and copying it to the init.d directory. It is not working. Upon reboot, I check the status and one of the erors is:

"No passwd entry for user..."

What should the system user be? If I need to create a new user, where do I store the password?

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you using Ubuntu 10? JasperReports Server linux installer is for Ubuntu 10.

I had an user wanting to use JasperReports Server on Ubuntu 14.x and I ended up using the war install and setting up everything else myself.

I just have TOMCAT_HOME and JAVA_HOME and a LOCKFILE variable settings in my init.d script.

I am using a later version, I believe it is 14. 

Don't you still have to have a user in the jasperserver script? JASPER_USER=

to be clear - It is running fine, it just doesn't restart when I reboot the server.

Hello Kendjr,

Adding the init script to /etc/init.d isn't enough in newer versions of Ubuntu. You also have to run the command below. The ctlscript.sh won't work by default, but I believe you just need to add start/stop functions that contain start/stop for postgres/tomcat (which I understand you already did, or maybe something similar):

sudo update-rc.d <appname> enable