We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Error on AWS AMI 6.2 import from 6.1

jf
Go to solution Solved by jf,

When trying to migrate from AWS AMI Jasper 6.1 to a new instance with 6.2 I get an error when trying to import the data: "Import failed. The server has encountered an unexpected error."

Any suggestions?

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you for your reply. I have done this export-import on every upgrade since 5.6 without any issues. I have also tried different settings on the export and on the AMI without success.

As I'm on the AWS AMI I don't have control over the server. I might have to manually move/copy everything from 6.1 to 6.2

• Solution

We exported all parts individually and manually fixed the remaining details.

I hope the next version will be back on track according to upgrading by exporting/importing everything (or even better by just clicking 'upgrade' even on AWS which would also enable users to sign up for a yearly deal instead of the more expensive hourly!)

in AWS when you launch Jasper from AMI - you are creating new server from image (AMI) and during that process you are specifying your SSH key which will be embeded inside - so you have complete control of your server and only you have it

This image is build on Amazon Linux distribution, so just use same aproaches

Use SSH with default AWS login for Amazon Linux "ec2-user" and your private key - you will get access to instance.

About your issue: Export everything and import in new version - it`s usual case, but to undestand what went wrong - we need your log files from server.
if usual way of importing/exporting by using UI don`t want to work - you can try to use console import/export tool which is inside of server, this tool is well documented, and it`s same as for any JasperServer. You can find usual war-binary distribution package in /usr/shared/jrs_dist which was used for server preparation, this distribution don`t have any AWS specific tweaks.

about Anual plan: it`s already available on AWS Marketplace (same product, just have switch between Horly and Annual pricing model)