We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

I am using iReport and I am getting this error "Error filling report"

reenaacharya35

Hi,

I am new to Jasper reports. I created a report using iReport and also deployed it on Jasper Server.When I try to run the jasper report I get the following error.

"error filling repory".

I am using MySQL as database.

Below is the detailed error description:-

1 - Error filling report

java.lang.Exception: 1 - Error filling report 
    at com.jaspersoft.ireport.jasperserver.ws.WSClient.runReport(WSClient.java:403) 
    at com.jaspersoft.ireport.jasperserver.ws.WSClient.runReport(WSClient.java:320) 
    at com.jaspersoft.ireport.jasperserver.ReportRunner.run(ReportRunner.java:70) 
    at org.openide.util.RequestProcessor$Task.run(RequestProcessor.java:572) 
    at org.openide.util.RequestProcessor$Processor.run(RequestProcessor.java:997) 

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,
The some of the probable reasons for "Error filling report" could be as follows;

1) any of the report element is overflowing
2) the total band height/width is exceeding the report height/width respectively.
3) Could be a query issue, etc

However, this error gives almost no perfect idea of what exactly could be the error.
Share the complete log file (jasperserver.log) from <tomcat-directory>/webapps/jasperserver-pro/WEB-INF/logs/ to let us know precisely what the error is.

Regards,
KKriplani

Hi,

Now I am able to execute report. It was wrong placing of table on report.

But I am getting following error now.

Filling report...  Locale: English (United States)  Time zone: Default Added additional parameters. Error filling print... java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: GC overhead limit exceeded
Setting up the file resolver... 
Added file resolver... 
Active top component: file_1458297238041.jrxml C:UsersAdministratorAppDataLocalTemp2jstmpfile_1458297238041.jrxml 
net.sf.jasperreports.engine.JRRuntimeException: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: GC overhead limit exceeded 
    at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRFillSubreport.prepare(JRFillSubreport.java:809) 
    at net.sf.jasperreports.components.table.fill.FillTableSubreport.prepareSubreport(FillTableSubreport.java:156) 
    at net.sf.jasperreports.components.table.fill.FillTable.prepare(FillTable.java:400) 
    at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRFillComponentElement.prepare(JRFillComponentElement.java:151) 
    at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRFillElementContainer.prepareElements(JRFillElementContainer.java:332) 
    at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRFillBand.fill(JRFillBand.java:384) 
    at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRFillBand.fill(JRFillBand.java:358) 
    at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRVerticalFiller.fillBandNoOverflow(JRVerticalFiller.java:468) 
    at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRVerticalFiller.fillColumnHeader(JRVerticalFiller.java:512) 
    at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRVerticalFiller.fillPageBreak(JRVerticalFiller.java:1966) 
    at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRVerticalFiller.fillColumnBreak(JRVerticalFiller.java:1991) 
    at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRVerticalFiller.fillDetail(JRVerticalFiller.java:764) 
    at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRVerticalFiller.fillReportStart(JRVerticalFiller.java:298) 

Hi,

Go to iReport installation directory, go to etc -> ireport.config

I think here you can set your JVM size.

default_options="--branding ireport -J-Xms256m -J-Xmx512m -J-Dorg.netbeans.ProxyClassLoader.level=1000 -J-XX:MaxPermSize=512m -J-Dnetbeans.logger.console=true -J-ea"
Regards,
Ashwath Hegde