We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Is Jaspersoft the same as the “Jasper Report Server” (and a bunch of other questions)?

chris.hock

We have stood up an Amazon Market place TIBCO Jaspersoft instance.  I was websearching information on "how to" and saw Jasper Report Server mentioned in conjunction with Jaspersoft reports.  Just trying to confirm if those are the same things.  I have several questions.  Not sure if you prefer sepate questions on this site or bundled.  Here they all are together since some correlations with one another.

• Does Jaspersoft have any integrations with security frameworks like OAuth, Active Directory, or LDAP?
  • Is Jaspersoft the same as the “Jasper Report Server”?
  • We have installed Jaspersoft from the Amazon Marketplace.  Is there an easy way to tell from our AMI which version of Jaspersoft we installed?
  • We would like to use Jaspersoft to display dashboards on TV monitors we have throughout our office.  However, my experience with Jaspersoft is that the user is logged out after a given amount of time.  Are there any options to prevent login timeout so we can use Jaspersoft for this purpose?
  • Is there any easy way to clear out all of the demo data sources, domains, adhoc queries and reports that come with the default AWS Marketplace install?
  • I found a website that covered features in Jaspersoft 6.2 that we do not have in our version of Jaspersoft.  How can I find out if/when that version will be available in the Amazon Marketplace?
  • When using the AWS Marketplace version of Jaspersoft, is there an upgrade path to newer versions of Jaspersoft, or is our only option to create a new AMI and port all of our objects to the new environment?  If having to move everything from one environment to another, where can I find documentation on best practices and steps for doing this?

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Does Jaspersoft have any integrations with security frameworks like OAuth, Active Directory, or LDAP? No idea on this, sorry
  • Is Jaspersoft the same as the “Jasper Report Server”? Jaspersoft is a company owned by TIBCO and one of their products is JasperReports Server
  • We have installed Jaspersoft from the Amazon Marketplace.  Is there an easy way to tell from our AMI which version of Jaspersoft we installed? In any screen on the bottom left side is a text field with "About TIBCO JasperReports Server" that is actually a button, click on it to see your version.
  • We would like to use Jaspersoft to display dashboards on TV monitors we have throughout our office.  However, my experience with Jaspersoft is that the user is logged out after a given amount of time.  Are there any options to prevent login timeout so we can use Jaspersoft for this purpose? There probably is a way to configure this, though I am not sure.
  • Is there any easy way to clear out all of the demo data sources, domains, adhoc queries and reports that come with the default AWS Marketplace install? The easiest way I know of is to delete them manually, you can delete complete folders so this should not be that hard.
  • I found a website that covered features in Jaspersoft 6.2 that we do not have in our version of Jaspersoft.  How can I find out if/when that version will be available in the Amazon Marketplace? Version 6.2.0 is already available from the support homepage given to you when you purchased the AWS JasperReports Server. You can download it from there and use their js-upgrade scripts to upgrade it instead of uninstalling and installing again.
  • When using the AWS Marketplace version of Jaspersoft, is there an upgrade path to newer versions of Jaspersoft, or is our only option to create a new AMI and port all of our objects to the new environment?  If having to move everything from one environment to another, where can I find documentation on best practices and steps for doing this? See above answer, as per documentation or a guide I used this and found it really helpful: http://community.jaspersoft.com/documentation/tibco-jasperreports-server-upgrade-guide/v62/upgrading-61-62

Regards,

Javier

There is support for LDAP and AD, through manual configuration files.  See the External Authentication Cookbook:

http://community.jaspersoft.com//system/files/restricted-docs/jasperreportsserver-auth-cookbook_3.pdf

http://community.jaspersoft.com/documentation/tibco-jasperreports-server-authentication-cookbook/v610/introduction

You do have to know your LDAP structure pretty well to be able to set up the correct searches to find your users. If you need more background than is in the guide, look up the LDAP implementation in Spring Security 3 as well.

To set the session timeout, see this page:

http://community.jaspersoft.com/documentation/jasperreports-server-administration-guide/v550/configuring-user-session-timeout

To add some more context: