We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Jaspersoft Studio : Single Select Query Input Controls possible ?

J.Pook

Hi everybody,

I played around with cascading input controls on Jasperreport Server and this works well for me, I'm only not able to re-order the input controls nor am I able to rename a parameter name (in case of a typo, renaming, etc)

But I'm wondering, if this is not possible also in Jaspersoft Studio. I can do simple input controls there, but I did not find a way to build a similiar drop down box as on Jasperreport Server.

1. Is there any way to do this there as well ?

2. If not, how can I re-order input controls on Jasperreport Server respectively rename parameter names ? It's rather annoying to delete all concerned input controls and to build them up from scratch, just to reorder or rename something...

Cheers

Joern

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Which version of JasperReports Server and Jaspersoft Studio are you using? There was a bug with parameter being re-ordered in when edit from Jaspersoft Studio but this was fixed in 6.1.0.

The way to reorder input control is to create input control separately from the report and to add them by edit report - Resources. Delete the input controls and reselect them in the order you want them.

Hi and thanks for the reply !

I'm using

• Jaspersoft Studio Version 6.0.4
  • Jaspersoft Server 6.0.1

So I should do an update and retry. But somehow, I'm too stuppid to find the option to set query based drop down select boxes in Jaspersoft Studio. Where do I find them ?

Cheers

Joern

• 5 months later...