We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

I have messed up my jasper studio setup - Can someone please point me in the right direction

jose_11
Go to solution Solved by jose_11,

Hi. I am not sure what I have done but I can no longer edit reports from my jasperserver repository on the server. I can browse to it , select the main.jrxml , right click and say open in editor.

I then get an error message that says the following, and i quote ...

Exception. If you want to see more information look into details.

Reason: Path must include project and resource name: /MyReports

details is as follows :

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Path must include project and resource name: /MyReports
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.Assert.isLegal(Assert.java:63)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Workspace.newResource(Workspace.java:2163)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Container.getFolder(Container.java:215)
at com.jaspersoft.studio.server.model.server.MServerProfile.getTmpDir(MServerProfile.java:276)
at com.jaspersoft.studio.server.export.AExporter.getTempFile(AExporter.java:89)
at com.jaspersoft.studio.server.export.AExporter.exportToIFile(AExporter.java:55)
at com.jaspersoft.studio.server.export.JrxmlExporter.exportToIFile(JrxmlExporter.java:50)
at com.jaspersoft.studio.server.action.resource.OpenInEditorAction.dorun(OpenInEditorAction.java:149)
at com.jaspersoft.studio.server.action.resource.OpenInEditorAction$1.runInWorkspace(OpenInEditorAction.java:111)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.InternalWorkspaceJob.run(InternalWorkspaceJob.java:38)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:54)

I have looked everywhere but I do not know where to fix it. Upgrading to the latest version did not help.
Can anybody pleeeeeze assist ?
Many thanks in advance
Jose

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shouldn't have upgraded your Jaspersoft Studio. Jaspersoft Studio version must match JasperReports Server version. Check which version of JasperReports Server you are currently using and re-install the same version of Jaspersoft Studio.

• Solution

I have found an answer to my own question :) Go Figure.  For anyone who may come accross the same problem you can dfinitelt mix and match the lasterstudio versions and the jasper reportserver  versions. What I had done is in the jasper server access configuration, under the advanced tab, clicked on the two dots and then selected MyReports which is the only option it gives you under the workspace location.And that is what the problem was. Just deleted the my reports from the box in the workspace selection and Voila, I can now open in editor from the repository again....

I hope someone finds this usefull

• 10 months later...

Commenting to verify the accepted answer as a fix for this issue. In Jaspersoft Studio Repository Explorer, right-click your desired server and select 'Edit JasperReports Server Connection', expand the 'Advanced Settings' tab, and manually resetting my 'Workspace Folder' to the correct location resolved the issue.

My report directory structure looks like this:

/MyReports/ExampleReportDirectory

But was somehow set only to this:

ExampleReportDirectory

Which appears to be the root cause of the java exception described above.

• 1 month later...