Changes to the Jaspersoft community edition download ×

zipping reports with password

ostry

Hello,

I like feature of JasperServer 6.0.1 "Include report files as ZIP attachment" available in the report job. I wolud like to have also an option to ZIP it as password-protected.

Has somebody an idea how to effectively workaround this?

I know, that I can do password-protected XLS, but such solution is not universal.

I would also do some external job (e.g. in cron), but I would like to use JasperServer built-in scheduler (more simple, standard and straightforward).

I don't know what code (library, binary or script) is doing this zipping, maybe if I could somehow hack it...

Thanks in advance.

Jano

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you. I am not sure how you mean it.

Do you mean that JasperSoft ETL can do password-protected ZIP containing reports generated by JasperServer?

So we need to integrate JasperServer (we have community version) with JasperSoft ETL somehow?

When I searched for more information (e.g. http://community.jaspersoft.com/wiki/getting-started-jaspersoft-etl), it seems to be quite complex software / task... I am probably looking for something more simple, something like "zip --encrypt --password", just with some minor changes (hacks) on JasperServer. Or do I see it wrong?

We also want to send reports via e-mail like up to now, just password-protected, in addition.

Thanks in advance.

Jano

• 1 year later...