We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Can Jaspersoft AWS intances connect to S3 ?

robert.brown_1

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How is the data stored in S3? is it CSV, XML? Currently there is no direct connector for S3, but there are some things you can do to report on that data, like loading it to Redshift or using EMR.

We are thinking about creating a connector but we do not have any good use cases, if you are able to share more info I will really appreciate it; send me an email mluna / tibco.com

Just echoing Marianol's response as an "answer":

Currently there is no direct connector for S3, but there are some things you can do to report on that data, like loading it to Redshift or using EMR. We are thinking about creating a connector but we do not have any good use cases, if you are able to share more info I will really appreciate it; send me an email mluna / tibco.com

• 2 weeks later...

Here's a use-case. My company has several AWS instances, one running JasperReports Server. The data driving our reports resides on a Redshift instance. For reporting, while most reports do not pose a security risk, others do, due to having PII (personally identifiable information) on them. Thus, in order to get those reports to a client, the ideal solution would be to have JasperReports Server make a direct connection to a secure S3 drive, to render and output the reports necessary to a secure S3 instance. As it stands today, these reports have to be manually executed, then transfered to either S3 or a secure GOOGLE drive, for specific clients to get access to. E-mail is generally not a good solution due to the PII requirement. Thus, having Jasper be able to automatically output to S3 is the preferred route. Given that Amazon has published a Java SDK for S3 access, this should make it much easier to implement.