We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Jaspersoft Studio doesn't recognize that I have entered in parameter values in prompted report

dylan.snyder

Hi,

I am having an issue with a prompted report that I created. I have done the following steps to create a prompted "In List" report. When I go to select the values for the paramaters and run, however, it returns the following message every time: "The report requires that you specify the value for some parameters before running it."

1) Put the Parameter in the Where clause:

ScreenShot2015-02-12at8_52_15PM(1).png.babc0b28f83aa6cbf0098a17d76137f1.png

2) Create the Parameter:

ScreenShot2015-02-12at8_52_21PM(1).png.6c915d40da629c7adde726d1b9fca946.png

3) Click on "Preview". I then click the "..." next to the parameter Prompt

ScreenShot2015-02-12at8_52_51PM(1).png.2505c2cfffd79bd5a5dd3fdc6507c082.png

3) I select some values in the Parameter List dialog Box:

ScreenShot2015-02-12at8_52_43PM(1).png.8e9eeca04d207d91c52e253340119dcc.png

4) Hit OK

ScreenShot2015-02-12at8_52_32PM.png.6bff938279f750074ee15a2e59919458.png

5) When I click the Green Arro "Run Button", I get the following message, and my report doesn't run:

"The report requires that you specify the value for some parameters before running it."

ScreenShot2015-02-12at8_53_23PM(1).png.c38c1f5766dc8f9bbf849828add18f0d.png

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I actually had this exact same problem last week hehe. I think the problem is that you have a second (of third etc.) paramter on which you unchecked 'Is For Prompting'. So it keeps asking for the parameter (that is not prompted) to be specified.

• Go to 'Parameter' section in report outline.
  • Find the other parameter(s) you added (other than companyList)
  • Remove them if not needed or check 'Is For Prompting' in property overview.

Then anoter hint:

It's Java so your Collection (Class type of your companyList -parameter) probably excists only of Strings right? If so, you can define the 'Nested Type Name' in the paramtere as 'java.lang.String'. This way you don't have to tell every paramater it's type is String :)

Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately, this is not my issue. companylist is the only parameter I created. All of the others are Jasper's default parameters, and I can't delete those.

Thanks for the hint about the nested type. I will use it, once I figure out this other issue. I'm a SQL Programmer/Architect, not a JAva expert (can't you tel?), so I have a lot to learn!

Thanks for the String validation on the list type. I tried it and that is a cool trick. Sadly, my issue is still there - I have scrapped the report, and tried to rebuild twice. I followed the instructions exactly as I found them at http://www.rajeshsirsikar.com/creating-a-multi-select-parameter-in-jaspersoft-studio/#comment-7248. This simply will not work on my setup on 6.0.3 on Mac 10.9.

Good to hear this solved your problem. Somewhere on this forum I read that OS X Maverick caused some problems as well (but if that's the cause, it's strange that downgrading worked). Good luck with Jasper Reports, using it for a while and it's a great tool for us:)

• 2 weeks later...
It seems that in the current (6.0.3) version of Studio, it needs to have a java.lang.String parameter. Just adding a parameter called 'dummy' with "Is For Prompt" = true and Class Type of java.lang.String got around this problem for me. When I preview the report, I enter some value in the dummy parameter and the report to runs fine.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...