We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

I am going to use rounded numbers here to make this easier to understand.

Master report (1000 x 1000)px including margins, detail panel only with usable 800 x 800 px area. Free layout

Subreport at 0 0, 800 x 1px. Float. Details panel only. No margins report 800 x 799 px. Details panel only. No margins

Here is the issue. Run master report and you end up with an extra page at the end of the report. If you resize the Subreport to 800 x 799 to match the contained report the extra page isn't there. If you set Subreport to height of 0 it creates the extra page as well. If you nest the sub report in another sub report before placing it in the master report there is still an extra page

I have tried many of the "fixes" I have found on the forums including this odd one http://community.jaspersoft.com/questions/826394/problem-sub-reports-new-page I ended up with the same count of pages, with extras at end, only they were miles long.

As you have likely deduced I need a way to include many sub reports on one master report. Currently I have a master report at letter size profile with 1" margins less the bottom which is .5". This contains page1 which is a full cover page but only takes up 500px and page2 which is a contacts page containing two other subreports and takes up 40px

Is there a definitive process for doing this where the master report can contain a series of subreports of limited height so they will all fit in the band margins?

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic