We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

error when "save as" a report ..need help

ahamdaoui

Hello,

Already I published a post wich is in italic..but it is not the real problem. The problem is that

jasper ireport built with an existing input control ( in a  generic folder of input control) and deployed in the server , when I open the report ,

it cannot be saved as  . However when the input control is created locally in the deployed report ..the save as works.

Could you plz help me to understand why or to resolve it?

thanks a lot

Asma

my first question wish is wrong..

In JSR, I have 

*  3 folders : Public Folder + Personal  Folder  A +  Personal  Folder  B

* 2 users : user_A + user_B

* 2 roles : ROLE_PUBLIC and ROLE_USER  affected to the user_A and user_B

user_ A can not see the Personal  Folder  B and user_ B  can not see the Personal  Folder  A.  here is the grid of rights acess :

ROLE_USERROLE_PUBLIC
Public FolderREAD ONLYREAD ONLY
Personal Folder  ANO ACCESS

NO ACCESS (ROLE)

USER : user A : ADMINISTER

Personal Folder  BNO ACCESS

NO ACCESS (ROLE)

USER : user B: ADMINISTER

my problem is that, user A can consult the reports in public folder but can not "save as" them in his personal folder. could you please help me to know why it does not work?

I tried to save as a report example from the the Public folder of jasper and IT works...SO I think that the problem comes from the rights given to my  users but I can not afford it.

thanks for help. and plz feel free to ask me quesitons if my message is not clear.

Asma.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

It seems that there is no reply or resolution to this. My company just got 5.5 Enterprise Edition and we run into the same exact problem. What's more I can't even save report copy into ANY folder other than the one it's deployed in. And I can't do it while logged in as Administrator, so it has nothing to do privilege level. And the error in catalina.out says " Error saving the report as a copy in another directory (uri: /jasperserver-pro/flow.html?null)".

I hoped to find solution already logged, but will have to go through the support then.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...