We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

JDBC driver is not recognize sql server drives

amit.barkai

Hi All

i'm tring to understand want i'm doing wrong , my steps are :

1.installing the jasper 5.1 server & IReport 

2.install the lateste JRE ( the current version is 7.21)

3.download the JDBC 4.0 version

4.coyied the sqljdbc4.jar file to the "Program Filesjasperreports-server-5.1javajrelibext" folder

5.refresh tomcat & postgreSql services

6.tring to create a sql datasources connecting   with com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver  

the drive selection item is in red color and i cannot create the datasource (getting a message that the drive is missing)

thanks 

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

still having the same problem

i placed the sqljdbc4 file on:

1.Program Filesjasperreports-server-5.1apache-tomcatlib  ( on this folder there was another file sqljdbc-1.6-2206.100.jar)

2.Program Filesjasperreports-server-5.1apache-tomcatwebappsjasperserver-proWEB-INFlib

3.Program Filesjasperreports-server-5.1javajrelibext

and still i cannot create a datasource for sql server

thasnks

Yep.. Actuallly restarting tomcat is needed. That process is described here: http://community.jaspersoft.com/wiki/connecting-jasperreport-server-your-database and since the driver is in the tomcar/lib folder it will allow you to create JNDI connections which have better performance since they benefit from the application server connection pooling.

Also is important to note that since you are using 5.1 there is a new feature that allows you to upload and dynamically use JDBC drivers from the Jasperserver UI. You need to be logged in as a superuser and you have the option to add drivers when you create your datasource. The process is described in the JasperServer Admin Guide Chapter 4.1 (section 4.1.2) http://community.jaspersoft.com/documentation