How can I link an existing Input Control in Jaspersoft Studio

in iReport it easy to link an existing Input control (Folder Input controls in Report Unit) - right mouse - "Link an existing input control"

Is this as easy in Jaspersoft Studio possible - I couldn't find the context-menu in the Report Unit.

baumgaro's picture

2 Answers:

Right-click the report unit and choose "New".

From there it will be obvious. (But I understand why you wouldn't think of it at first.) It a different way to think of things, but I think the new flow is better once you're used to it.

EDIT: Based on baumgaro's comment, it's clearly not as obvious as I claimed. But you need to choose "Link" when your goal is to link to an existing input control (or link to another type of object).

mdahlman's picture

Actually this will lead to a new "Input Control" - but I would like to reuse an existing Input Control - "Link an existing input control" from somewhere else in the resource tree in JasperServer. Is this possible?

baumgaro - 6 years 9 months ago

That leads to the ability to create a new input control, of course. But it also leads to the choice "Link" which is what you want.

mdahlman - 6 years 9 months ago

Important detail: Linking input controls fails for me. (Linking other types of objects works well.) I logged it: http://community.jaspersoft.com/jaspersoft-studio/issues/2743

mdahlman - 6 years 9 months ago

I fixed creation of linked resources inside ReportUnit, now it will work

you can create a linked input control, New->Link and select an input control

or you can just create a new input control

or you can copy & paste an input control

chicuslavic's picture

thanks for all the answers and the fixing! I do unterstand now - "Link" makes sense - but as mdahlman comments - I get the same error message (http://community.jaspersoft.com/jaspersoft-studio/issues/2743) - the fixed version will be Jaspersoft Studio 2.0.1? - or is there a repository where I can get daily builds?

baumgaro - 6 years 9 months ago

this will be in 2.0.1 I hope we release soon

chicuslavic - 6 years 9 months ago
Feedback
randomness